[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Feb. 11 (Tue.) Update From BHS

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Feb 11 12:39:01 PST 2020

Please do not reply to this email.

Good morning BHS Families,

This morning, several hundred students gathered in front of school on
Allston Way to organize for a march down to the district office.  I
coordinated with BPD for safety out on the streets and they closed down
Allston this morning, and then provided some motorcycle escorts down
University.  Several staff members are with them and I am hearing that they
have just crossed Sacramento. The Superintendent and district staff are
expecting them and will be available to listen to what they have to say.

On campus, teachers are in classrooms and kids are present, though some
classes are very small.  We have extra counseling resources on campus today
in the health center as many students are expressing to me that they are
overwhelmed and are choosing away from the large crowd but need someone to
talk to.  I will update again after students return from the district
office. I am also working on compiling a list of resources for ongoing
support that I can share with you, some of which we are putting in place
immediately and some that will be longer-term.  Thank you for the many
offers of support and resources that many of you have shared.

Erin
Principal, BHS

------------------------------------

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe