[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week at Berkeley High School: 5/7 - 5/11, Request for donations

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Apr 18 14:10:34 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jana Jandra at janajandra at berkeley.net

Spring has sprung at Berkeley High School. We have entered the final quarter of the 2017-18 school year. Year-end concerts, performances and activities are being planned, talk of prom and graduation fill the hallways. Teachers and staff tirelessly continue to support students.

The week of May 7th is Teacher Appreciation Week. We would like to shower our teachers and staff with treats and surprises. We received lots of positive feedback last year from the staff for the events we planned for this week. Staff work rooms were overflowing with all sorts of yummy foods and decorated with bouquets of flowers. They were so grateful for the support and surprises the week brought for them.

Please participate and/ or donate what you are able. We are looking for four types of donations:

Breakfast items (sweet and savory foods along with coffee), think donuts, scones, quiche.

Snack items (sweet and savory) and canned beverages, think popcorn, pretzels, bags of mandarins, cookies, hummus, vegetable and fruit plates, and sparkling water.

Flower bouquets from your garden or local store.

Raffle Prizes/Surprises  get creative!

All of the items will be placed in the staff lounge and work rooms across the campus. We have one staff lounge and four work rooms. We will be stocking and restocking the the rooms all week long.

The raffle will take place on Friday, May 11th. Raffle items could be coffee cards, gift certificates or items you have made and would like to donate. Gift cards sitting in your junk drawer waiting to be used but ignored. Regifting is totally appropriate here! Please drop off all raffle donations at the front desk by Thursday May 10th.

Some suggested raffle items:

$5 coffee cards from Peet’s or Starbucks (easy walk up to Shattuck)

Free scoop card from Ici Ice Cream (now on University)

Chipotle gift card (now on Shattuck)

Itunes or Amazon gift card

Bake a cake and the teacher/staff gets to take it home to their family for the weekend

Donate a service that you provide:  yoga class, haircut, dinner, bike tune-up

Books (If you wrote one, send in a signed copy)

Memberships to local museums or galleries

Flower arrangements for a staff member to take home to enjoy

Bottles of wine

Weekend stay at your vacation home

Thank you in advance for helping make this a special week for our teachers and staff.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.