[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: SENIORS: Updates to Hispanic Heritage Youth Award Information

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Sep 25 19:47:25 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Hispanic Heritage Foundation,
info at hispanicheritage.org or 202-558-9473

Updates about the Hispanic Heritage Foundation Youth Awards Scholarship
program:

1.    We have extended the deadline for all categories to Sunday, *October
15th* at 11:59pm PST.

2.    There is also a new category, the Technology category sponsored by
Google. Please remind your students that they can apply to more than one
category, and please have them apply now <http://hispanicheritage.org/>!

3.    Students can also nominate their parent/legal guardian who has had a
significant impact in their academic success. Through our Parent Award,
sponsored by Pearson, we will be honoring and recognizing one parent at
every regional ceremony.

The Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) is still accepting applications for
the 2017 Youth Awards! Our 19th Annual Youth Awards program will award
students who graduate Class of 2018 with educational grants to pursue their
higher education or to fund their community-based project.

Recipients will be selected for their accomplishments in the classroom,
community, and for their excellence in various educational categories.

2017 Youth Awards Categories are:

• Education sponsored by Southwest Airlines

• Community Service sponsored by Colgate Palmolive

• Technology sponsored by Google

• Healthcare Science sponsored by CVS Caremark

• Media & Entertainment sponsored by NBC Universal | Telemundo

• Business & Entrepreneurship sponsored by BBVA Compass

• Engineering & Mathematics sponsored by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation

To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:

• Be currently enrolled in high school, graduating in the Spring of 2018

• Planning to enroll in college in 2018-2019

• Identify as being of Hispanic/Latino descent

• Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or 7.5 (on a 10.0 scale)

• Must be able to attend mandatory regional awards ceremony to receive award

• U.S Permanent Resident/US Citizen/or qualify under the DACA

*The deadline to apply is Sunday, October 15th, 2017* at
www.hispanicheritage.org.

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators
of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at
bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*. The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*