[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: 2nd Call for World Aids Day Assembly, Dec. 4 (Fri.)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Nov 30 12:05:08 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lisa Sibony
lisasibony at berkeley.net <mailto:lisasibony at berkeley.net>

Berkeley High School's World AIDS Day Assembly is this *Friday, December
4. *

/We are looking for 3 more volunteers to help out /-- starting at 9:00
a.m. and finishing at 11:40 -- to welcome students into the theater,
briefly pick up coats, etc. left after the performances, and to model
good audience behavior (no cell phones, lots of applause, etc). There
will also be plenty of teachers and staff at the event.

Mr. Alan Miller is in charge of this assembly which will focus on HIV
access to resources and education. In the past, there have been speakers
who have HIV + positive parents, scenes from Vagina Monologues about
risk of STI's and HIV, a witness (speakers--panels of young people who
are HIV +; often we have featured a student diagnosed at the BHS Health
Center), and a performance component (Rhodessa Jones from the Medea
Project, local poets, etc.)

There will be a Student Performance as well. In past years we have
focused on young people, art, and women. We usually display panels of
the AIDS Quilt. Volunteers and students have found this experience both
moving and practical.

Please let me know you are available to usher at this special event.

Thank you,

Lisa

--

Lisa Sibony

Outreach and Volunteers

Berkeley High School

____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at _bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>_.

BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BHS website:
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To _unsubscribe___from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email
address that is subscribed to the list.)
To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *subscribe*