[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Writer Coaching Training Sessions Resume in Dec-Feb

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Nov 30 12:08:18 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jeanne
Schuman,_schumanj4 at gmail.com <mailto:schumanj4 at gmail.com>_

Looking for an opportunity to volunteer at BHS?  WriterCoach Connection
(WCC) is a rewarding experience working one-on-one ​in the classroom
with students at every level of writing ability ​on their writing
assignments. In partnership with teachers, trained writer coaches help
students strengthen their writing and thinking skills by giving them
constructive feedback, challenging them to think more deeply, and
building their confidence as writers. The time commitment is only 1-2
hours, usually twice per month, during the school day.

This year we're coaching 9th and 10th graders in AMPS ​and the ​9th
graders in ​AHA. Our coaching sessions are on Wednesdays during Periods
1, 2, 4, & 5 and Thursdays during Periods 1 & 2.

Coaching is fun and rewarding — “The highlight of my week,” says one coach.

You don’t need to be a writer or teacher — WCC coaches are parents,
college students, working and retired people of all backgrounds,
ethnicities, and ages. Our in-depth training will give you strategies
and practice to work effectively with students, including your own. If
you are unable to coach right now, please tell a friend or neighbor who
might be interested.

Sign up now for ​December, January or February Trainings. For the
complete training schedule, register for a training, register to
volunteer or for more information, go to _www.writercoachconnection.org
<http://www.writercoachconnection.org>_ (click on "Volunteer") or
contact the BHS site coordinator - Jeanne Schuman (schumanj4 at gmail.com
<mailto:schumanj4 at gmail.com>).

____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at _bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>_.

BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BHS website:
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To _unsubscribe___from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email
address that is subscribed to the list.)
To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *subscribe*