[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, March 20 (Tues.)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Mar 20 16:26:36 PDT 2012
PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.
BHS STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
*New or updated information
*1 Modified bell schedule- Wednesday, March 21st
Period 0 7:23 -8:21 am
Period 1 8:27- 9:15 am
Period 2 9:21 -10:14 am
Period 3 10:20-11:08 am
LUNCH 11:08 -11:48 am
Period 4 11:54 – 12:42 pm
Period 5 12:48- 1:36 pm
Period 6 1:42 – 2:30 pm
WASC report 3:00 pm
2. Hey guys remember to get those hours done for the Service-A-Thon! The person that commits to the most hours of community service throughout the month will win the Berkeley High Humanitarian award! Don’t know what to volunteer for? Here’s a great event! The 20th Annual Chinese martial Arts Tournament needs volunteers! When? Saturday, March 24th 7am – 11pm. Where? Haas pavilion. Sign up at their website. Come to the leadership office for more information.
3. Are you interested in how Art and Science interconnect? Do you want to create a solo exhibition of artworks and writing? Consider taking IB Visual Art- a class about interdisciplinary art, writing, thinking and research. You may not realize but IB Art is open to ANY Junior or Senior at Berkeley High in ANY Learning Community, and can be taken for college credit. Come to an information meeting in A104 Friday, March 23rd at lunch to see student artwork and talk to students currently taking the class.
4. It's true - there really is a competition for the class with the best attendance, and the winner will really get a whole theater rented out to them to watch a movie together! Here is the latest in the attendance race!: Seniors are pulling up the rear at 91.01%. If you've got senioritis you'd better check yourself before you wreck yourself! Juniors are in third at 92.84%. Still within range of a win. And neck-and-neck vying for the win are sophomores and freshmen with only .07% separating them - sophomores are at 93.67% and freshmen have the lead by a hair at 93.73%.
Really at this point any class still has a chance to win! So encourage your friends to GET TO CLASS.
Need a prom dress but can't afford one? Thank goodness the princess project is coming! The Princess Project provides FREE, beautiful dresses and accessories for Bay Area girls who could not otherwise afford prom. Girls determine their own financial need. When are the dress giveaways? March 24th and March 25th Where are the dress giveaways? 72 Townsend Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 For more information, including directions to the site, please visit www.princessproject.org or visit Mr. Young in the Leadership Office.
1. The Berkeley High Jazz Ensemble and Combos will perform at Yoshi's Jazz Club in Oakland (510 Embarcadero) on Monday, March 26. Come see our talented musicians perform at one of the foremost jazz clubs in Northern California! Tickets are available from Ensemble students and online at Yoshi's Oakland website, www.yoshis.com/oakland 7:00 Show--$20 (Full Ensemble and Combo A) 9:00 Show--$15 (Full Ensemble and Combos B and C) reply to berkeleyjazz at comcast.net
2. The Annual BIHS Art Exhibition is opening this week! The reception will be on Thursday March 22nd, from 6-8pm on campus in the Community Theater Galleries. The event is free, open to the entire Berkeley Community and there will be free refreshments served. Come see over 200 pieces of art made by fellow students here at BHS! Come join us for a fun party and thought-provoking art!
3. Do you have talent? Do you want to win Money? Talent show auditions are coming after school on March 28th. Sign up in the leadership office today! This is a great performance opportunity for those of you who love to perform. We welcome all types of performers- Magicians, jugglers, comedians, film makers, licking your eyebrows and other crazy talents. WE WANT IT ALL!!
Do you like all things that POP? Well come to the Freshman POP sale! We will be selling POPcorn, otterPOPS, and cakePOPS! All these delicious items will be in the C Gallery , Wednesday (March 21st) at lunch! Bag of Popcorn-$1.00, otterpops- $1.00 and cakepops $1.50!
*BHS Girls Basketball. Support the Lady Jackets in the finals of the State Basketball Championship this Saturday, March 24th, in Sacramento at the Power Balance Pavilion! Game time - 6:00 pm….Lets all come out and show the Lady Jackets how proud we are of them!
1. KIC’s home stay program compensates each host family to help cover the cost of room and board: $215 per week for each single room student (half-board); and On March 31, 2012, KIC will be hosting a group of Brazilian scholarship students. They will be here from March 31 until April 28. The host families are expected to provide two meals a day and provide a clean room with a bed and desk for the students. We ask that host families live within a maximum 30-minute commute to KIC, and close to public transportation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lisa Holsworth, School Director via email Lisa.Holsworth at kaplan.com or at (510) 204-8981 x7503.
Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website: http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe'. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS