[BHS Etree] BUSD: Superintendent Search - Community/Staff Forums

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Mar 8 14:56:32 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan, Public Information
Officer,  <mailto:markcoplan at berkeley.net> markcoplan at berkeley.net

A message from John T. Selawsky, President - BUSD Board of Education:

BUSD Community,

As you may be aware, the District has initiated its search for a new
superintendent.  To counsel us through this important process, we have
retained the services of Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, a consulting
firm that specializes in assisting Boards with the consideration of
candidates for superintendent.

A key step in this process is to identify the characteristics we will be
seeking in our new superintendent.  We would greatly appreciate your input
and assistance with this important task.  We, therefore, invite you to
participate in this process by:

.       Attending a Scheduled Session for BUSD Teachers/Staff

.       Attending any of the Community Forums March 10th & 13th or one of
the Times Set Aside for Parent/Community Groups

.       Completing an online survey located at

 <https://survey-admin.ecragroup.com/index.php?sid=77184&lang=en>
https://survey-admin.ecragroup.com/index.php?sid=77184&lang=en

The forums/input sessions, which will be facilitated by a member of our
consultant firm, will be held between Saturday March 10th and Wednesday
March 14. Please try to attend the meeting that works best for you.

Community Forums

.       Saturday March 10th Rosa Parks, 9:30 - 11 a.m. (and a second forum
2-3:30 p.m. with Spanish translation)

.       Tuesday March 13th at Malcolm X School, 7-8:30 p.m.

.       Scheduled Parent Groups Monday March 12th 1:40-2:20 p.m. Council
Chambers 2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way

.       Community & Parent Groups (Spanish Translation Provided) Monday
March 12th 1:40-2:20 p.m. B-Tech School Auditorium 2701 ML King Jr. Way

.       African-American Parent Groups Monday March 12th 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Council Chambers 2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way

.       Community & Parents Monday March 12th 4:30-5:30 p.m. B-Tech School
Auditorium 2701 ML King Jr. Way

Teachers/Staff Forums

.       Monday March 12th and Tuesday March 13th 3-4:25 p.m. Council
Chambers 2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way

.       Additional times have been scheduled for Berkeley High and
District/Facilities Staff

Please complete the online survey by March 16, 2012

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this most important task.

Sincerely,

John T. Selawsky, President - BUSD Board of Education

--

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To