[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Month of Service volunteer opportunities - get your student involved!

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Mar 8 13:07:40 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Chris Young,
chrisyoung at berkeley.net

What month is it?  Yes, it's month of service!  We challenge students to not
"ask what your community can do for you, but what you can do for your
community."  Here are some great upcoming opportunities:

MARCH 9 - This Friday is the LETTER WRITING PARTY after school.  Come to
write one letter or stay the whole time.  Let someone in a position of power
know how you feel about an issue important to you.  Meet at the Leadership
Office - snacks provided!

MARCH 16 - Think Berkeley High's campus could look a little nicer?  Then
come on out and join us after school at the Senior Steps.  We will plant
flowers, other plants, and do some cleaning to make our campus all the more
beautiful.

MARCH 17, 18, 24, 25 - Want to help students who can't afford to buy fancy
prom dresses get one of their own for free or a reduced price?  The Princess
Project is looking for volunteers.  It's a fun and feel great experience.
Information at: http://princessproject.org/volunteer/.   Sign up at:
http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/6723456348611160126

MARCH 23 - Want to support the local homeless and hungry but not always
willing to spare some change?  Then join the PEANUT BUTTER PLAN on Friday
after school in the cafeteria.  We will make PB&J sandwiches and then
distribute locally.

APRIL 7 - Love Easter Egg hunts?  The UC Berkeley Eggster Organization needs
volunteers and would love to have you.  Sign up through the website:
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~eggster/getinvolved.php

For each of these events you should consider joining the Service-a-Thon!
Have fun doing service and raise money for the school while you are at it.
In the words of ASB Chief of Fundraising Eli Wallach, "it's a double
whammy!"

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To