[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS - DEAR Day readers needed for this Friday 9am!

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Mar 10 10:13:04 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Berkeley School Volunteers,
jill_coffey at berkeley.k12.ca.us

(We just lost a few readers for our Drop Everything and Read event in all
preschools and elementary schools this Friday, and are appealing to
volunteers district-wide.)

DEAR Day 2011: "Drop Everything and Read Day" is this Friday, March 11th
from 9:00 - 10:30am --and WE STILL NEED READERS!!!

Help teach our students that reading is fun, and literacy is important!
We need readers at Rosa Parks, Franklin preschool, Malcolm X and possibly
other schools. All readers need to do is show up around 9:10am, pick out a
book (if you don't already have one), then at 9:30 students come to lead
you back to the classroom to introduce yourself, talk about why you like
reading and share a little about yourself, and then read the book! That's
all.

Click here to read more about DEAR Day on our website:

http://www.bpef-online.org/volunteer/volunteers/volunteer-opportunities/de
ar-day-drop-everything-and-read/

The whole thing takes less than an hour, and volunteers do not need to
come to an orientation. Everyone is welcome! It's a great way to see our
schools, share the importance of literacy with our students, and meet some
very excited kids!

Please contact Berkeley School Volunteers - bsv at berkeley.k12.ca.us or
644-8833.

Jill Coffey

Interim Director,

Berkeley Public Education Foundation

jill_coffey at berkeley.k12.ca.us

p.644-8833/ f.644-4865

1835 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA. 94703

www.bpef-online.org

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To