[BHS Etree] EVENTS - "Black Youth In Crisis" Forum Part II - March 19

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Mar 10 10:17:46 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Irma Parker,
iparker at berkeley.k12.ca.us

The Discussion Continues - "Black Youth In Crisis" Forum Part II

A discussion amongst teens about critical issues affecting today's youth:
education, peer pressure, unemployment, identity, etc.

Issues affecting Black youth, such as education and violence, are two of
the most hotly debated topics today.  Black youth are bombarded with
negative media images, low academic expectations, and temptations, such as
drugs and crime, which often lead them away from following their paths to
success. At this event, we will continue to address these issues and more.

Please come out to hear the issues and concerns of our youth.

Saturday March 19, 2011

Berkeley High School, 1980 Allston Way

10:00am - 2:00pm

Free Event, All Welcome!

If you need childcare please call 644-8524 by 3/15

For additional information call 644-8524 or 883-5222

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To