[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Principal's Message Regarding Weekend Incident

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Nov 1 12:37:22 PDT 2010

Dear BHS Families:

I am writing to provide the latest and clearest information on a shooting
that occurred Saturday afternoon, October 30, in Berkeley on the 1500
block of Alcatraz Ave. at roughly 3:30 p.m.

The shooting, which is still being investigated by the Berkeley Police
Department, resulted in a Berkeley High School student being critically
wounded.

The injured student continues to receive intensive care treatment as of
10:00 a.m. this morning at a local trauma center.

There was another BHS student involved, and we are in close communication with all the families involved as well as the Berkeley Police Department.

To our knowledge, at this time there is no evidence that this incident is
in any way connected to the shooting at Sweet's Ballroom in Oakland over
the weekend, nor to the shooting at Johnston's Barbershop last Tuesday in
Berkeley.

Counselors and Health Center Staff have been notified and are on call
today should students need direct assistance.

The Administrative Team will put out appropriate updates should there be
significant changes or developments.

Strong communities stick together and support each other through times
like this and I believe we are more than capable of doing just that.

Pasquale Scuderi
Principal
Berkeley High School

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.