[BHS Etree] PARENT RESOURCE CENTER: Help Needed for Appreciation Dinner

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 19 19:51:35 PDT 2010

Do not reply to this email, please contact Irma Parker at [mailto:irma_parker at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

Dear BHS Parents,

For the past nine years the Parent Resource Center has sponsored an Annual Appreciation Dinner and Program at the high school.  The Appreciation Dinner and Program honors students who have beaten the odds, parent volunteers, retiring teachers, administrators, BHS staff and community members who help Berkeley High throughout the school year to be the best school it can be.  This year will be our 10th Annual Dinner and Program and we would like to honor Principal Slemp for the work he has done over the years to help improve our school. This year we are faced with the challenge of raising funds because of the economic downturn.  The Parent Center along with Student Leadership would like to ask for your help in making our 10th Annual Dinner and Program a reality.  We're asking our parents to please contribute to this cause.  The dinner and program is tentatively scheduled for May 8, 2010 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm in the Jacket Gym of the high school. We would like to invite 250 -300 people to this event.  We need your contributions to aid us in paying for food and supplies, as the Parent Center does not receive funding other than to staff the Resource Center.  All parents contributing to this cause will be invited to the event.  Please call or e-mail the PRC by April 22, if you can assist us with our event.  We will set up a central place for contributions within the high school administration building.

Thanking you in advance for your time, consideration and support in this matter.

Best,
Irma Parker and Leticia Amescuz