[BHS etree] PTSA: LEGISLATIVE FORUM ON CHILDREN'S ISSUES - Oct 19 at 7pm

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Oct 15 13:07:11 PDT 2009

Do not reply to this e-mail, please contact Mark VanKrieken[mailto:markvk at comcast.net]

WHAT: LEGISLATIVE PUBLIC FORUM ON CHILDREN'S ISSUES
WHEN: October 19, 2009 at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Malcolm X Elementary School

A public forum is being hosted by the Peralta District PTA this Monday evening, October 19th, at 7:00 pm at Malcolm X Elementary School in Berkeley.  The forum will be dealing both with legislative efforts on behalf of our children and what we can do to help our legislators in doing that work.

There will feature three outstanding speakers:

Loni Hancock, State Senator, 9th District
Nancy Skinner, State Assembly Member, 14th District
Debbie Look, California State PTA, Director of Legislation

Come hear what the most current issues are impacting children and how we can best support our legislators and our children.  There will also be time for a question and answer period with our speakers, providing parents with an opportunity to let our representatives know what matters most to them.  The evening will start with some light refreshments at 6:45 PM, with the meeting starting promptly at 7:00 PM.  We look forward to seeing you there!

Mark van Krieken
BHS PTSA Vice-President
Peralta District PTA Legislative Chair