[BHS etree] ADMIN: BHS Safety Committee Application - due Oct. 22

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Oct 15 17:00:17 PDT 2009

Do not reply to this e-mail, please contact Richard Ng [mailto:Richard_ng at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

Berkeley High School Safety Committee 2009-2010

The Berkeley High School Safety Committee will be working to support the current BHS Safety Plan as per SB186 and will identify areas of further development in plans.  The Safety Committee membership will be made of the following members: 4-6 parents, 3-6 certificated personnel (to include at least 3 teachers), 1-2 classified personnel, 4-6 elected leadership students or interested students, our Intervention Coordinator, 1 School Safety Officer, our School Resource Officer, and two representatives from a community agency/partnership. Our members and alternates will be appointed by the School Governance Council. The current Safety Committee Chair working with Ms. Heredia-Peltz - VP and the Dean of Students will forward their recommendations to the SGC for their approval.  The Safety Committee will be meeting once a month with date/time to be determined.

To Apply Via E-mail:

1. Indicate your preference for serving as a member and/or alternate.
2. Include the name of your child and your child's BHS learning community.
3. Include your phone number and address so that we can contact you.
4. Explain why you are interested in serving in this position in a brief personal statement (no more than 200 words) to both:
Ms. Heredia-Peltz, BHS VP at mhp at berkeley.k12.ca.us and
Officer Billy Keys, Lead Safety Officer at bkeys at berkeley.k12.ca.us.

The application deadline is 3:00 p.m. on October 22.  Ms. Heredia-Peltz, Billy Keys and the Dean of Students will forward recommendations to School Governance Council on October 27th, 2009 for their appointment.

Note:  Interested members of the BHS community do not have to be appointed
to this committee in order to contribute to the work on BHS safety issues.
The Safety Committee welcomes comments, ideas or suggestions during the
public comment period at each meeting from the general BHS community.