[BHS etree] ADMIN: Testing Dates, Call for Help

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jan 12 06:34:49 PST 2009

Contact: Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

Spring semester heralds the beginning of the testing season: Exit
Exams demanded by the state of California, STAR testing which is part
of the No Child Left Behind, and Advanced Placement.  First on the
agenda is the all sophomore (and some seniors') exit exam on Tuesday
and Wednesday February 3 and 4.

Each school year the California Exit Exam (CAHSEE) is offered once to
sophomores, twice to juniors and three times to seniors. Under current
California regulations, all students MUST pass the exam in order to
receive a California high school diploma. If a sophomore passes the
test, they do not have to take it again.

The Exit Exam is a high stakes test and we want our students to have a
calm and orderly test taking venue. In order to do so, we are asking
the community's help checking in students, monitoring the test,
collecting the booklets and then redistributing them the following
day. We need volunteers on three shifts 7:15 to 8:30, 8:30 to noon and
noon to 3 p.m. Some parking passes are available.

* The first shift will be in charge of making sure each student has
the proper test and answer sheet.

* The second shift will help monitor the test and start collecting and
organizing the completed tests.

* The third shift will continue to monitor and organize the returned
tests.

If you can help, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Janet Huseby at
jhuseby at pacbell.net

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net