[BHS etree] ADMIN/VOLUNTEERS: Inauguration celebration at BHS

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jan 12 06:38:11 PST 2009

Contact: Janet Huseby [mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

Tuesday, January 20th is Inauguration Day. It is an historic event and
Berkeley High is marking the occasion by holding an all school
assembly in the Community Theater and the Little Theater where the
school community can watch the ceremony on huge screens. President
Obama will be sworn into office at 9 a.m. Pacific Standard Time. The
ceremony itself will start at 8:30  a.m.

Students should report to their first (or second, details are being
worked out) period classroom at 8:30 a.m.  Their teacher will take
them over to the theater as soon as the bell rings. Students will sit
with their teacher.  We expect our students to be well behaved and
respectful but we will be over 3,500 attendees and we need
ushers--hopefully parent ushers who would like to be part of this
historic and moving event. We would like the ushers to report at 8
a.m. If you can help, please contact Janet Huseby at
jhuseby at pacbell.net