[BHS etree] MISC: Berkeley High School Newspaper, The Jacket

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Aug 6 12:33:12 PDT 2008

Please do not reply to the etree contact: Stephie Ratcliff at
[s.ratcliff37 at gmail.com]

1. Letter from Jacket Business manager

2. subscription form

1. August 2008

Hello Berkeley High Families,

For decades, the student-run Berkeley High Jacket has been the newspaper
written by and for the students of BHS. For Berkeley High student readers,
Jacket has given insight on the world around them, from reporting
international events to sharing students' personal opinions. For the
Berkeley High student writers, it has given the opportunity to understand
the behind the scenes of a newspaper as well as the chance to work together
to create a successful product. Jacket has been praised not only for its
high quality news coverage, but also for its role in the greater Berkeley
community.

The BHS Jacket is a completely student-run newspaper so is not financially
supported by BHS. Instead, we are entirely funded by subscriptions and
advertisements. This allows us to distribute 2,600 copies directly to
students, teachers, and staff at BHS on a biweekly basis. In addition, we
mail our paper to 200-250 subscribers.

Now, however, Jacket needs your help more than ever. The Jacket is having
trouble keeping up with the economy due to rising costs of printing and
mailing. Our funds are running low and we need your support to continue our
legacy! As of now, we do not have enough resources to continue our paper for
the rest of the year. Please seriously consider making a subscription or
donation of any shape or size. To make a subscription send in the form
below; to make a donation send cash or check to the same address listed
below. Everything helps!

We are also going to try and hold an event with speakers who are writers
from the Berkeley community. If anyone would be willing to participate or
knows someone that would be, please contact Megan Winkleman,
Editor-in-Chief, at mwin3719 at sbcglobal.net.

For any other questions you can contact me at s.ratcliff37 at gmail.com.

Thank you so much for your support!

Stephannie Ratcliff

Business Manager

2008-2009

 2. Don't miss out on student coverage of Berkeley High issues. Subscribe
today!

2008-09 Berkeley High Jacket Subscription Form.

Full year........$80

Fall Semester Only...$55

Spring Semester Only..$55

Sponsorship.....$225

We accept money order and personal checks. Please complete this form and
mail with your payment to:

Berkeley High Jacket            Desired

1980 Allston Way        ADDRESS______________________________________

Berkeley, CA 94704