[BHS etree] ADMIN/VOLUNTEERS: Registration Info, makeup date, and first call for help

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Aug 6 11:59:26 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Janet Huseby, Volunteer
Coordinator at jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. Registration (and orientation for 9th graders) is scheduled to start
in two weeks:
Tuesday, August 19     Freshmen
Wednesday, August 20   Sophomores
Thursday, August  21   Juniors
Friday, August 22      Seniors

In order to have this event run smoothly we need many VOLUNTEERS!

During registration, emergency, athletic (if needed) and health forms are
collected, schedules distributed, lockers assigned, textbooks issued,
organizers sold, and ID pictures taken.

We need a minimum of 15 volunteers in the morning (8:45 to 11:45
a.m.) and 15 in the afternoon (12:45 to 3:45 p.m.) on each day.

I will have parking passes for on campus parking.  There will be
coffee and baked goods but, even more important, registration is a
rare opportunity to meet at least half your child's classmates as they
work their way through the lines.  If you can help, please let me know
what day and shift you can take as soon as possible at jhuseby at pacbell.net

2. By now, everyone should have received their summer mailing packet with

the registration dates for each class year.  Several people have asked
about what to do if their student cannot attend registration on the
date and time assigned to them.  (

While all students are urged to attend their assigned registration
day, the administration plans to set up a makeup date either on Monday
or Tuesday before classes for those students who are unable to attend. This
official makeup day will be announced

If, for some reason, a makeup day is not possible, students who have
not registered will be asked to pick up their schedule on Wednesday,
August 27 at 7:30 a.m.  Times for picture IDs, locker assignments, and
textbooks will be announced. (some of that might take place before school on
Wednesday.)

We do not have any further information at this time about the
specifics of a make-up day. Please stay tuned....

Janet Huseby

BHS Volunteer Coordinator

jhuseby at pacbell.net

(510) 527-1130