[BHS etree] PTSA: Homework Site

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun May 13 17:58:59 PDT 2007

Please do not hit REPLY, contact:  "Carol Lashof" <clashof at stmarys-ca.edu>

Much thanks to all who have sent in their comments on the Homework Site!

I will be compiling these comments (with names deleted) and
forwarding them to the PTSA so that they may be included when the
PTSA makes a request to the Development Group to renew funding for
next year.  I will also ask that these responses be forwarded to
teachers so that they may be better able to judge the usefulness of
the site for parents and students.

I have received dozens of responses from parents (and a couple from
students).  The most frequent comment is that they like the idea of
the site and think that it would be useful to them but that most of
their children's teachers were not using it, or not using it
regularly.  Some parents do report that most or all of their
children's teachers post homework on the web (either to the "homework
site" or to other sites that parents can access) and these parents
are generally very enthusiastic.  Several parents said that they
thought teachers should be required to use the site.  As a point of
information, this is not currently a legal option.

(from Carol Lashof on behalf of the PTSA Homework Site Committee)