[BHS etree] EVENTS: BHS Musicians Perform April 19th & 30th

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Apr 17 12:48:15 PDT 2007

(1)
Berkeley High Concert Band & Orchestra - Spring Concert April 19th

Join Karen Wells and the fabulous BHS Band & Orchestra for their
Spring Concert April 19th at 7:30PM in the Community Theater at
Berkeley High School.

Karen is very excited about the students she is working with this
year, and promises that we'll all be glad we didn't miss it. Come hear
pieces by Holst, Mendelson, Tchaikovsky, and Dvorak.  Admission is
free, but donations, are gratefully accepted.  Refreshments are
available for sale at intermission.  If you enjoy quality music you
will enjoy this.

(2)
Berkeley High Jazz Ensemble at Yoshi's April 30th

Yoshi's Jazz Club will be presenting the acclaimed Berkeley High
School Jazz Ensemble and Combos Monday evening, April 30.  If you've
heard the Ensemble before, then you already know that this is a great
opportunity to enjoy Yoshi's standard caliber of performance at a very
affordable price.

If you haven't had the pleasure and you like good jazz, you'll want to
take advantage of this while you support music in our schools. Calvin
Keys, fabulous bay area guitarist will be performing with the big
band. This is sure to be an inspired evening of music, please join us
and support the Berkeley High Jazz Program.

There are 2 shows at 8pm and 10pm. Tickets are $15 ($10 for students).
To order tickets, please contact Yoshi's box office at (510) 238-9200
or go to http://www.yoshis.com/tickets