[BHS etree] PARENT RESOURCE CENTER: Update On Hurricane Katrina Relief Efforts

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Sep 15 11:11:24 PDT 2005

Contact: Irma Parker, irma_parker at berkeley.k12.ca.us, 644-8524

Dear BHS Families,
I promised you an update on the relief efforts of Hurricane Katrina.
I had previously received information that Senator Barbara Lee's
office was sponsoring a truck that was accepting various items for
victims of Hurricane Katrina.  I inquired about the location of the
truck, only to find out that it had been filled and was on its way to
deliver the goods to the victims of the hurricane.

Today, I spoke with one of our BHS parents and they have family that
was affected by the hurricane in Mississippi.  It is my understanding
that they lost their home and all of their personal belongings.  The
family here has opened their home to the family members who have been
displaced.  BHS families, your help is needed!!  There is need for
clothing for a 20 year old male, who was admitted to Laney College.
Clothing and Shoe size is as follows:

Item                 Size
Shirts, Sweaters     Large to X-Large

Pants                32" waist, 34" length

Shoes                10 1/2

Coat                 Large - X-Large

Clothing is also needed for a 3-year-old girl and a 22-year-old male.
They are enroute to California and should arrive soon.  I will keep
you informed of their arrival.  If you would like to donate to this
cause please contact the BHS Parent Center at (510) 644-8524.

Please remember that our space at the Parent Center is small and
cannot handle a lot of clothing, however I will be in contact with
the family and make arrangements for them to pick up donated items.

Thanking you in advance for your consideration of this request.

Irma Parker
Parent Liaison, BHS Parent Center