[BHS etree] SENIORS: The Berkeley book of College Essays needs your help

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Apr 7 22:27:46 PDT 2005

contact: jhuseby at pacbell.net

Dear Wonderful Seniors in the Class of 2005 (and your parents,

The Berkeley High College Essay Book Project is back in Business but we need
your help to make it a success.  Two years ago the College Center began
collecting college essays with the idea of putting out a book, "College
Essays by Berkeley High Students." We haven't yet collected quite enough
essays to make a go of it, so we postponed our efforts until this spring.
Now that you have heard from the colleges of your choice, we hope that you
will consider submitting your essay for possible publication. We know it
will be a great book and we plan to use the profits from the endeavor to
create a fund to help future BHS students in the college application
process.

For the past eight years I have been one of a number of writers who have
volunteered to help Berkeley High seniors edit their essays.  The essays
that you have written are thoughtful, poignant, provocative and just plain
good. They are a reflection of Berkeley High--an exciting place to be.

Please help us either by mailing your essay to me at jhuseby at pacbell.net or
bringing in a copy and giving it to Ms Harris in the College Center.  She
will ask you to sign a release.  If you send it by email, I will send you an
electronic release. You may sign your name or be listed as anonymous.

Together we can make this book work!
Janet Huseby