[BHS etree] MISC: PAID Leadership Training & Internships for High School Students

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Mar 1 16:26:13 PST 2005

contact: Alexandra Céspedes Kent [CNCYouth at coro.org]
THIS MESSAGE HAS THREE ATTACHMENTS.  (etree note)

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD: WE’RE RECRUITING 10th & 11th GRADERS FOR PAID
PROGRAM

I am sending you information about Exploring Leadership, a paid leadership
opportunity with a $1000 stipend for 10th and 11th graders at Coro Northern
California.  We are now accepting applications for summer 2005 and I would
appreciate you sharing the opportunity with your network of youth.

Exploring Leadership offers great experience for both students who are
already in leadership positions and those who have that “spark” of
leadership potential/interest.  No minimum GPA required – just the ability
to work well both in a group and independently and to learn in new and
different ways.

Applications are due Friday, March 18!

For more information, please see the email flier (below my signature), the
attachments, visit our web site at
http://www.coro.org/coro_centers/sf/sf.html, or drop me a line.

Thanks!

Alexandra Céspedes Kent

Interim Youth Programs Manager

Coro Northern California

601 Montgomery Street, Suite 800

San Francisco, CA  94111

Ph. 415-986-0521 ext. 105

Fax 415-986-5522

http://www.coro.org

Leadership is a journey.  Coro is the guide.

---@ HEY, YOUTH! @---

Ever thought you could

* Earn $1000 bucks

* Do an internship

* Get hands-on leadership training

* Meet diverse youth from the Bay Area

* Get the skills and experience you need to make a difference in your life
and community

ALL IN FIVE MONTHS?!?

***EXPLORING LEADERSHIP************************

Exploring Leadership is a program of Coro Northern California, a 62
year-old, non-partisan  nonprofit that offers leadership training in public
affairs for youth and adults.

Exploring Leadership is full-time in the summer (June 27-August 19) and
after school in the fall.

Current 10th & 11th graders in Oakland, Berkeley, Piedmont, Emeryville,
Alameda and San Francisco are eligible.

Be a part of the leadership journey!

APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 18th, 2005.

FOR MORE INFO:

*** Call or email Alexandra Céspedes Kent: (415) 986-0521, extension 105 –
cncyouth at coro.org

*** Click on these links:

...Check out our web site

...Apply now!