[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 03-01-0-

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Mar 1 07:54:17 PST 2005

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
March 1, 2005

Administration

1.	BSEP APPLICATIONS are here!  See Belinda McDaniel in the Admin
office.

2.	Wednesday, March 2, is a late start day.  Students begin school at
10:00 am.

3.	Need help with an assignment?  Writer’s Café is open in H102 at
lunchtime Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:35 am to 12:15 pm.  We offer
one-on-one coaching to help you complete your writing assignments.  We
can help you brainstorm ideas, organize your material, or refine your
rough draft.  Come and see us today.  Snacks are included.

4.	Biotech applications are due Friday.  Please turn them in to G304 or
G305.

5.	Do you like Science?  Do you want a paid summer internship at
Biotech companies like Bayer and Chiron?  Do you like working with
hi-tech equipment?  If you’re a Sophomore, apply for the Biotech
Program and sign
up for the Biotech class.  Pick up an application from Mr. Fong in G305
or Dr. Stone in G304.  Applications due this Friday, March 4th.

Clubs
1.	The Berkeley High Snowboard Club is planning a trip to Sugar Bowl
for March 12th.  No experience is necessary!  Just come and have fun.
Come to C233 anytime to pick up trip forms and info.  Official club
meetings are every Wednesday at lunch in room C233.

2.	Do you think 16 year olds deserve the right to vote?  Do you have
any concerns pertaining to youth rights?  Join the Berkeley chapter of
the National Youth Rights Association which meets on Thursdays at lunch
in H208.  See ya there!

Sports
1.  The Girls and Boys Basketball teams play in the first round  the
Division I North Coast Section tournament.  The girls face Newark
Memorial on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. in Donahue.  The boys face Foothill on
Wednesday at
7:30 p.m. in Donahue.  Tickets are $5/$8; no passes accepted.  Winners
will advance to the semifinal on Friday night.  Go Jackets!

Senior / Junior Section
1.	College visits:
March 1, 2005
10:35 am    Academy of Art University
(The representative will speak about undergraduate programs as well as
summer programs for high school students)

Events/ Performance
1.	BHS students: A survey is being taken in  D148 at lunchtime on
Tuesday for students to let AC transit know that they are interested in
reduced or free AC bus passes during school hours. This campaign, if
successful, can lead to reduced fare or free AC passes for youth.

Sales

1.	Yearbooks are currently on sale for $65.00!  They can be bought in
H102 in the morning before 8:15 a.m. or at lunch on Tuesdays and
Thursdays. Prices will go up one more time before the end of the year
so get them now! We are also soliciting advertisements for the
2004/2005 yearbook, ads are $60.00 ¼ page, $100 ½ page, $200 full page.