[BHS Etree] PTSA: January Meeting: Bringing emotional support resources to BHS? Jan. 18 (Tue)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jan 10 11:20:18 PST 2022

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please
contact ptsaberkeleyhigh at gmail.com.

The BHS PTA includes students, we're a PTSA. Our upcoming meeting is
on *Tuesday,
January 18 from 7:00-8:30 pm* via Zoom.

Our students are facing new challenges with teacher and staff shortages,
and many don't feel safe.

Our January meeting is a continuation of our November 16, 2021 meeting
discussion in which participants brainstormed on how we can bring emotional
support resources to BHS.

The consensus at the November meeting is that the Berkeley community is
rich with resources and people who care about BHS students and staff and
want to bring emotional support resources to BHS at this critical time, but
there is nothing in place to make this happen. A streamlined and effective
pathway is needed to bring resources to campus. This is the challenge. In
the meantime, the PTSA is compiling potential resources via form
https://forms.gle/KWtxPoMCDkx44p2x8

At the meeting, representatives from the Berkeley Schools Fund will
discuss Berkeley School Volunteer efforts and clarify volunteer
pathways. Additionally, BHS Alumni Eli Marx-Kahn will discuss the cognitive
neuroscience underlying *Holistic Learning*, a website available to all BHS
students that provides a set of tools that can enhance students ability to
ease the stress and anxiety of high school and more.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/ 89741922765?pwd= b05uSGRuUGtBMVNja3h5UVlVWUZGZz
09
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89741922765?pwd=b05uSGRuUGtBMVNja3h5UVlVWUZGZz09>

Meeting ID: 897 4192 2765

Passcode: 114896

Sandra Loving, PTSA President

*Check out our website and please consider supporting the PTSA
**https://www.bhs.
berkeleypta.org/* <https://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/>

*_____________________________*

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>

BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe