[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: SENIORS: CCC Week of 10/25-10/28: Scholarships, Visits, Essays

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Oct 22 17:20:56 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please
contact Mary Jacobs at maryjacobs at berkeley.net.

*SENIORS: *

*COLLEGE VISITS @ CCC in D-221 Across from the school library*

Come to the CCC with your teacher's permission to be excused from class. We
will excuse your absence with the Attendance Office. You will receive the
recorded message of an absence, but the Attendance Office will clear the
absence as “ACTIVITY” after they receive our sign in sheets.

We will log on the Zoom platform from google chrome books or our own laptop
with headphones.

*Use the following spreadsheet  for all the scheduled visits by date,
period, admissions director, & Zoom link.*

*2021 Virtual College Visits*
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cvuzpFX-zgPCU4cJ2vlCIsyaAYLh0IcXCseOhdP9pHM/edit>
*- *

Monday, October 25: Late Start Day Schedule

Period 2: Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)

Period 2: UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music

Period 3: Clarkson University

Period 5: Pomona College

Wednesday, October 27:

Period 2: Xavier University, Louisiana

Period 3: DePaul University

Period 3: Swarthmore College

Period 5: New York University

Thursday, October 28:

Period 5: Occidental College (rescheduled due to fire alarm)

Friday, October 29: No school for students

*ESSAY READING IN THE CCC WITH VIRTUAL READERS: Jacobs’ Zoom Room *
*bit.ly/3kUUbT6* <https://bit.ly/3kUUbT6>

Bring a draft of a college essay or brainstorm- all levels of readiness.
Log on to Jacobs’ Zoom Room in a google chrome book or your personal laptop
in the CCC or any quiet place of your choice.  You will be assigned to a
breakout room with a volunteer reader/writing coach.

*Jacobs’ Zoom Room **bit.ly/3kUUbT6* <https://bit.ly/3kUUbT6>

*Monday  at 8:30-9:45am and at 2:30 if you have a free 6th period; and
3:30-4:30pm in the CCC*

*Tuesday through Thursday at 2:30 for seniors who have a free 6th pd. *

*Tuesday through Thursday at 3:30-4:30 for all*

*SCHOLARSHIPS:*

*BHS Database/Spreadsheet:  **Scholarship List*
<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/spreadsheets/d/1gY3jeHg3G4ONMB9UJHwrHMo4t8dH_b4O6x80Skcj5xw/edit#gid=0>

*We have gathered scholarships from outside organizations and put it into a
spreadsheet. It is organized by the month it is due- monthly tabs on the
bottom of the page.  We try to put the amount, eligibility, and the website
where you can find the application on-line.*

*Scholarship List*
<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/spreadsheets/d/1gY3jeHg3G4ONMB9UJHwrHMo4t8dH_b4O6x80Skcj5xw/edit#gid=0>
(many applications are not updated yet but check websites)

*Immigrants Rising List- does not require citizenship  *
*https://immigrantsrising.org/2021scholarships/*
<https://immigrantsrising.org/2021scholarships/>

*OCTOBER-NOVEMBER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS:*

*NACME Scholarship* *Due 10/30/21* for Black/African American,
Latinx/Hispanic-American or Native/American Indian; studying in engineering
or computer science.

Apply at: https://www.nacme.org/about-us/scholarships

*The Coca Cola Scholars Foundation Due 10/31/21:*

https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/ccsf

*Good Tidings Community Service; Due 11/12/21**:* https://goodtidings.org/

*Hispanic Heritage Youth Award:* *Due 11/14/21* for senior with minimum GPA
of 3.0  Apply at:
https://hispanicheritage.org/programs/leadership/youth-awards/

*Elks Most Valuable Student National Scholarship: Due 11/15/21*

http://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvs.cfm

*Cooke College Scholarship Program: Due 11/18/21*

https://www.jkcf.org/our-scholarships/college-scholarship-program/

*Dr. Juan Andrade, Jr. Scholarship: Due 11/30/21*

https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/9600/dr_juan_andrade_jr_scholarship_scholarship.php

*Scholarship Resources :  Check out these sites. Bookmark them. Make an
account or profile.*

*https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/* <https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/>

*https://www.goingmerry.com/* <https://www.goingmerry.com/>

*https://www.collegegreenlight.com/* <https://www.collegegreenlight.com/>

*http://www.eastbayconsortium.org/scholarship*
<http://www.eastbayconsortium.org/scholarship>

*scholarships360.org* <http://scholarships360.org/>

*scholarships.com* <http://scholarships.com/>

*Unigo.com* <http://unigo.com/>

*https://scholarshipamerica.org/* <https://scholarshipamerica.org/>

*bold.org* <http://bold.org/>

*https://www.raise.me/* <https://www.raise.me/>

*_____________________________*

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>

BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe