[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Thank you Coaches and Athletic Directors

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jun 3 09:13:28 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please contact President at Berkeleyathleticfund.net

Berkeley Athletic Fund would like to thank BHS Coaches and the Co- Athletic Directors for their dedication and efforts that enabled Student Athletes to compete in this challenging year!

Here are some of the highlights of their efforts:

BHS was the first WACC school to start in-person athletics last summer
Prior to the official resumption of sports on February 1, over 300 athletes took part in outdoor socially distanced conditioning programs
Nearly 900 athletes were rostered for at least one sport this year
Field Hockey coaches ran a 14 week hybrid online and in-person conditioning program for 40 girls in lieu of a season since opponents were not in proximate counties
BHS was able to livestream some games and hopes to continue building that capacity
No gate fees were collected this year, all spectators were allowed in events for free. BHS consistently admitted spectators to contests where many schools initially did not
BHS was able to get the season restarted after the shutdown due to a covid outbreak within our boys basketball tryouts
Both tennis teams ran simultaneously without home courts. They figured out ways to get practice for their kids by sharing the King courts, using the parking lots, and booking time at San Pablo park.
They each had very successful years.
Many teams including Football, Girls LAX and Baseball had successful fundraising campaigns
All practice and competition was done with no locker rooms, buses or team meeting spaces
350 season 2 athletes were tested regularly for COVID 19
Boys tennis won everything - all matches and singles and doubles tournament
Boys Varsity football beat previously undefeated Kennedy of Fremont 24-0; JV beat O'Dowd
BHS had many individual track and field winners
JV baseball was undefeated.  Varsity baseball "won" the W
Girls Volleyball season proceeded this season despite challenges
BHS soccer teams have run intrasquad scrimmages when unable to find opponents

 So we hope all BHS Student Athletes and Families take the time to reach out thank and support our dedicated Coaches and Co- Athletic Directors. We are all looking forward to a great upcoming season!

      Find out more about BHS Athletics by attending Berkeley Athletic Fund Meetings the Second Monday evening of each month.
      Contact  President at Berkeleyathleticfund.net <mailto:President at Berkeleyathleticfund.net>  to get a Zoom link to our meetings

GO JACKETS !
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>

To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>