[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Staff Appreciation Week May 3rd - May 7th

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Apr 20 11:36:12 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, contact
tiffanysutherland at berkeley.net

Hello BHS Community,

Spring has sprung at Berkeley High School. We have 6 weeks left in the
2020-21 school year. Normally, around this time of year, we have year-end
concerts, performances and activities are being planned, and the talk of
prom and graduation fills the hallways. However, due to the pandemic, this
year has been a bit different but that didn’t stop our teachers and staff.
They still continued to tirelessly support our students.

The week of May 3rd is *Staff Appreciation Week*. We would like to shower
our staff with treats and surprises. We received lots of positive feedback
from the staff for the events we planned in the past year's week of
appreciation. Staff workrooms were overflowing with all sorts of delicious
foods and decorated with bouquets of flowers. They were so grateful for the
support and surprises the week brought for them. Local businesses and
parent donations made it all possible. We were able to provide breakfast
and afternoon snacks each day, all to the delight of the staff.

 We are looking for different types of donations to brighten a staff
members day:

·  Flower bouquets from your garden or local store

·  Raffle Prizes/Surprises: get creative

This year, we will be delivering all gifts and items to our staff safely
throughout the week.

The raffle will take place Monday, May 3rd - Friday, May 7th. Raffle items
could be coffee cards, gift certificates, or items you have made and would
like to donate. Gift cards sitting in your junk drawer waiting to be used
but ignored are welcome. Regifting is totally appropriate here! Please
coordinate all raffle donations with Tiffany Sutherland by Wednesday, April
28th. Thanks to our generous community, in the past years, we were able to
give away a weekend in a Laguna Beach condo and a dragon boat cruise as
grand prizes.

Some suggested raffle items:

·  Coffee gift cards

·  Gift card to any restaurant on Shattuck where staff could grab lunch

·  Itunes, Amazon, Target, Hulu or Spotify gift card, DoorDash, UberEats,
Audible

·  Gift card to a local bookstore

·  Gift card to a Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, or a local fabric store

·  Coffee/tea mugs

·  Reusable mugs/cups/bottles

·  Donate a service that you provide: yoga class, haircut, bike tune-up

·  Memberships to local museums or galleries

·  Flower arrangements for a staff member to take home to enjoy.

·  See’s candy

·  Bottles of wine

Thank you in advance for helping make this a special week for our staff.

Please contact Tiffany Sutherland to coordinate dropping off any donations
or if you have any questions: tiffanysutherland at berkeley.net  or call
510-644-4803.

--
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe