[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: CCC News 12/18/20
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Dec 19 10:48:24 PST 2020
Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please contact maryjacobs at berkeley.net <mailto:maryjacobs at berkeley.net>
Seniors, Congratulations for finishing Semester 1! Take a well deserved break. Happy Holidays! See you on January 4, 2021.
If you were accepted into your Early Decision program or your Early Action program (and you know you're going)... firstly, congratulations :) Secondly, please let your other colleges know that you will not be coming and "withdraw your application". If there isn't an option to do that on the portal, then an e-mail to admissions will suffice.
College Portals: This is how the college will communicate with you!
Create student portals with usernames and passwords to check your application
status for all schools you applied to.To help keep track, use this cool planning tool! <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DJcMtNFNCLwbVIFCc57rUzHMGFHcGzqtKbvvNIJ3tUY/edit?usp=sharing>Check your emails regularly and see the "to do list" in the portal. Make sure to check spam folders.
Senior Survey: Please complete ASAP: tinyurl.com/mymilestones2021 <http://tinyurl.com/mymilestones2021>
Please keep the counselors informed about your college applications or plans by completing the Senior Survey,We appreciate your few minutes of time to fill out a quick survey. Helps to serve your needs! This is a different survey from Mr. V’s graduation commencement survey.
Scholarships: Scholarship List <https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/spreadsheets/d/1gY3jeHg3G4ONMB9UJHwrHMo4t8dH_b4O6x80Skcj5xw/edit#gid=0> (many applications are not updated yet but check websites and plan ahead)
1. Berkeley Community Scholars (BCS) High Hopes Scholarship: Open now at www.berkeleyscholars.org/apply <http://www.berkeleyscholars.org/apply>. ; Due 3/11/21 by 8:59 PM Pacific time.
2. Iota Phi Lambda 2021 Scholarship Fredda Witherspoon National Scholastic Scholarship:
Due 1/8/2021: For African American female graduating seniors.National Winner $8,000.00, Regional Winners $3,000.00, Local Chapter Winners -$1,000.00.
Apply here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YDC55vqDCmQxTeopdZFWKYEImLeCqwoLCBFxju0NGRs/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YDC55vqDCmQxTeopdZFWKYEImLeCqwoLCBFxju0NGRs/edit?usp=sharing>
Personalize the application with pictures of applicant participating in activities, copies of certificates, recognition events and details, articles and write-ups, anything that makes the application stand out. The essay is a key criteria that carries a lot of weight, so really focus here. Be clear, address full criteria.
3. Xi Gamma Omega Alpha Kappa Alpha Scholarship: Due 1/29/21 www.xigammaomega.com <http://www.xigammaomega.com/>
4. LPA Scholarships: Due 1/29/2021 3pm CT. Students who are under represented in education and Interested in design, architecture, landscape architecture, engineering- apply for a renewable scholarship of $5000.
5. Kiwanis Scholarship: Due 2/18/2021: http://berkeleykiwanis.org/scholarship <http://berkeleykiwanis.org/scholarship>Highlights community service; no need to show financial need; $500-$10,000 award.
6. Asian Pacific Fund: Dates Vary from February to April, 2021. www.asianpacificfund.org/scholarships <http://www.asianpacificfund.org/scholarships>.
7. Hearthstone Housing Foundation: Open 12/1/20 & Due 3/31/21: Show financial need in FAFSA or Dream Act, live in the county where Hearthstone Housing is located, 3.0 GPA
Scholarship Resources :
Essay Readers: Extended to 1/4-7/2021 and 1/11-13/2021 from 2-4pm in bit.ly/3kUUbT6 <http://bit.ly/3kUUbT6>
FAFSA: Due 3/2/2021. During the winter break, gather financial documents like parents/guardians' 2019 IRS tax returns, W2 forms, bank statements, and Social Security #. Counselors will help you complete FAFSA when we return to school 1/4/21.
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list. If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>
To subscribe to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS