[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: BHS Athletics Update

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 3 21:40:27 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact the Athletic Directors at
athleticdirector at berkeley.net <athleticdirector at berkeley.net?subject=>.

Dear BHS Yellow Jacket athletes, families, and fans,

We hope everyone is safe and healthy and that students are off to a strong
start as we all navigate distance learning.

The pandemic has severely impacted high school sports. The state shut down
interscholastic sports on March 16th and announced on July 20th that the
start to the 20/21 season is postponed to December with competition not
slated to begin in any sport until 2021.

Our conference is working hard planning for the resumption of sports this
year. The goal remains to have seasons for all of our sports and teams.
Please visit our website frequently (
https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/home). Among other
helpful resources, you will find a ‘frequently asked questions
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ClBNbcmvcBP_ZhuP90i-0dyFxoVwYGGTp783RrLxHzw/edit?usp=sharing>’
document where we regularly update the status of sports as new information
comes in. Things are changing daily.

In the meantime, all student-athletes interested in playing a BHS sport
should visit our Athlete registration page
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Resources/athlete-registration>
and register for 2020/2021 sports. Student-athletes must be ready for
tryouts if we are allowed to resume sports and physicals are only good for
one year.

*Buy your very own authentic BHS face masks and neck buffs!* From the
homepage you can also navigate to our fan zone
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/fan-zone> where you can
buy Jacket Gear including our limited edition authentic BHS face masks and
neck buffs with free shipping!

Ultimately, the decision to resume sports in December will not rest with
the CIF, our section, or our conference, but will come down to the status
of the pandemic and public health orders. Please be safe: wear your mask
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/fan-zone>, wash your
hands, and shelter-in-place to the best of your ability. We miss all of you
and sincerely hope to hear the sounds of sports on campus sooner rather
than later.

Please check our website
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/home> and our Twitter
<https://twitter.com/BHSjacketSports/> frequently to stay updated on BHS
Athletics.

Sincerely,

*Ross Parker & Robin Vegt*

*Athletic Directors, Berkeley High School*

510-644-8723

*https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/athletics/*
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/home>

*@BHSjacketSports* <https://twitter.com/BHSjacketSports/>

_____________________________

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Charlotte Le Liboux, and Chaghig Walker are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS E-tree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom
of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*