[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Bulletin, Week of Aug. 31

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 3 10:55:17 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email.  Contact information is included in
message below.

BERKELEY HIGH SCHOOL

STUDENT BULLETIN

One big, red & gold family!

Felix Mousigian, Chief of Publicity

Aaron Rumph, Chief of Publicity

Mr. V, Director of Student Activities

2020-2021 ASB Leadership

Week of August 31, 2020 part 2

The Student Bulletin Archives are always available here
<http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>.

Student Bulletin Video Episodes release Monday or Tuesday

Student Bulletin Video messages release Monday & Thursday or Friday

*Vote16 is accepting applications! *

Berkeley Vote16 is a group of BHS students who are passionate about
democracy, voting, and politics. We hold voter registration drives, create
voter information resources, and work with the local government to
implement Measure Y1, which gives 16 and 17 year olds the right to vote in
Berkeley school board elections. Just because some high schoolers can’t
vote yet doesn’t mean we can’t make a difference! If you want to become
more involved in politics and voting, Vote16 is the place for you.

We welcome applications from any grade, small school, or hive. Applications
can be found online, and are due September 4th
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddGtxEVZAD9gyxe_LOXyphc3wU9j85Qttlx_fqFShM5yFI7A/viewform?fbzx=2360436479816390123>
.

For more information, follow @vote16.berkeley
<https://www.instagram.com/vote16.berkeley/> on instagram, or reach out to
arevwalker at students.berkeley.net <arevwalker at students.berkeley.net?subject=>

*Join Berkeley High Ultimate!*

All are welcome, no experience necessary. Visit our website to learn more:
berkeleyhighultimate.org

To receive information about Fall practices and activities, all new and
returning players need to fill out the player information survey by
September 17.  There is a link to the player survey on the Registration
page of the website: berkeleyhighultimate.org/registration

*Applications are open for the BHS California Scholarship Federation
Chapter!*

Are you a strong academic student? Interested in working with other BHS
students to serve and support our community?

CSF is a regional organization that recognizes and encourages academic
achievement and community service. CSF members graduate with special
certificates and qualify for scholarships.

Application (submit by September 19th) <https://forms.gle/PqAdm2UoHZPM21YU7>

Please contact Emilia Feria
<emiliaferia at students.berkeley.net?subject=> or Nancy
Mahmoud <nancymahmoud at students.berkeley.net?subject=> if you have any
questions.

*SHIFT Applications are now open!*

SHIFT is a peer education group composed of Berkeley High School students
who are trained on reproductive health topics such as anatomy, STIs, HIV,
and birth control options. They conduct health workshops for Berkeley High
School students of all grade levels while earning a stipend!

Applications are due September 23, we will also be having an info session
for interested students who want to know more about it Wednesday September
16 from 2-3pm. For more information take a look at the flyers or email
lupitaguerrero at berkeley.net <lupitaguerrero at berkeley.net?subject=>

*Calling all gender expansive students at BHS! *

You should join AGES (Alliance Of Gender Expansive Students). This great
club meets Mondays during lunch period where we have important
conversations, enact positive change at Berkeley High, and have fun! More
information will come in the next few weeks. We hope to hear from you soon.

Find us on Instagram @ages.club <https://www.instagram.com/ages.club/>

*Student voices for student choices! *

The Harm Education Response Organization at BHS is looking for students
passionate about their fellow students' safety and wellbeing around
substance use.

Club activities include biweekly organization and planning meetings,
creating and leading games, doing class presentations, making artwork and
memes, discussion circles, educational opportunities, making videos,
posting on social media, moderated hang sessions, planning events, and
anything else that you can think of.

There will be a zoom info session on Wednesday, September 9th at 1:00 pm.

Email Mr. Luu at davidluu at berkeley.net <davidluu at berkeley.net?subject=> for
more information.

*Join the BHS Chapter of Amnesty International*

Kenosha, Portland, Minsk; all of these cities have seen recent abuse of
human rights. Are you interested in fighting for the protection of our
fellow world citizens? Join Amnesty International to fight against human
rights abuse through research, advocacy, lobbying, campaign, and action. We
are an international organization with over 7 million members.

Berkeley High's chapter has virtual meetings Tuesdays at lunch.

Email us at berkeleyamnestyinternational at gmail.com
<berkeleyamnestyinternational at gmail.com?subject=> for more info.

*2019-2020 BHS Yearbooks are still not available for distribution.*

If you purchased or planned to purchase a 2019-2020 yearbook, the BHS
Yearbook staff will send out a schoolwide message to let everyone know how
to pick them up. If you ordered a yearbook to be sent to your house, they
should ship out in the next week or so (as of 9.3.2020).

Similarly, more information will be shared about Senior Portraits, School
Photos, and IDs once BHS has more guidance from the Berkeley Public Health
Department.

_____________________________

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Charlotte Le Liboux, and Chaghig Walker are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS E-tree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom
of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*