[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Berkeley High School Curbside Registration, Aug. 10-14

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Aug 6 22:02:56 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Tammy Rose, Vice Principal at
tammyrose at berkeley.net <tammyrose at berkeley.net?subject=>.

*August 6, 2020*

*Dear Families, Students, and BHS Staff, *

*Re: Curbside Registration*

*This year, while adapting to the unique impacts of COVID-19, we will take
extra time to ensure student safety. *

*Student Registration will be a curbside pick-up system during the week of
August 10 - August 14. *

*Here's what you need to know to get ready to pick-up textbooks/readers and
materials. *

*1. Reminder of **CDC Guidelines*
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html>*
and **City of Berkeley Shelter-in-place Order*
<https://www.cityofberkeley.info/covid-19/>*:*

   - Minimum 6 feet social distancing at all times.
   - Must wear face covering.
   - If you are sick or symptomatic you must stay home and if you can’t
   make it during your designated time reach out to Tammy Rose at
   tammyrose at berkeley.net <tammyrose at berkeley.net?subject=>.

*2. Please come only on your assigned date and time by your last name to
avoid long car line ups. See schedule below at the end of this message. *

*3. How does curbside pick-up work?*

*Please have the student's first and last name and student ID number
written legibly on paper or on phone to hold up and show through your car
windshield. Our volunteers will need to be able to see the first and last
name clearly to get your textbooks at a safe 6ft distance. *

   - If you have textbooks from last school year, drop off on Allston near
   the front of the school at 1980 Allston Way. At each stop point, wait until
   directed to move forward.
   - *Stop Point 1: Check-in. *Wait here until a staff member waves you
   forward; indicating someone has seen your name and is pulling together your
   textbooks. *PLEASE DO NOT ROLL YOUR WINDOWS DOWN.*
   - *Stop Point 2: Textbook Pick-up.* Materials will be placed on a table
   and you will need to step out of your car to pick up your materials from
   the table in order to maintain a safe, 6ft distance.
   - *Stop Point 3: (* for some families): Chromebook pick-up for students
   still needing a district device.* We have a small number of chromebooks
   set aside for students who do not have other means of accessing a computer
   for distance learning. If you need a chromebook or need to repair/exchange
   a chromebook used last Spring, you can drive around to pick one up on MLK
   Boulevard in front of the G/H breezeway.

*Please drive slowly. *

*Watch for other cars pulling in or out.*

*Watch for volunteers and staff. *

*At the end of the pick up line, exit straight out on Milvia past the last
station. *

 *FAQs:*

*-When can I see my class schedule in Illuminate?*

Class schedules go live on Illuminate Portals on Monday, August 10th

*-How do I access Illuminate to get a view of my class schedule?*

Go to Illuminate Access
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/parents/illuminate-access/>

*-Will I take a new Student ID during registration week?*

No NEW Student ID pictures will be taken during registration week. We will
work on a plan for IDs when it is safe to return to campus.

*-What if I am not in Illuminate and don’t have a schedule?*

Contact marieferguson at berkeley.net <marieferguson at berkeley.net?subject=>
and complete the registration process. You will be able to check Illuminate
once your registration is complete.

*-What if I can not come during my scheduled time?*

Come on Friday, 8/14 if you missed your scheduled time.

*-What if I can not come during my scheduled day?*

Come on Friday, 8/14 if you missed your scheduled day.

*-What if I need to change my schedule or my schedule is incomplete?*

All students will have the opportunity to request a class schedule change
using an online form that will be emailed during registration week.

*-What if I need school supplies? *

Visit the Berkeley Schools Fund Ed Hub
<https://www.berkeleypublicschoolsfund.org/ed-hub/>

*-What if I am unable to come in a car? *

 *What if I am unable to participate in registration week? *

Please complete the following form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSekHFTV2S-d974DjTigtmOOyR82FWJJMj_kqgAfWp2wN4KdPg/viewform?usp=sf_link>
.

Thank you in advance for your patience with our new registration system.

Please check your emails frequently during registration week for any
updates or changes.

*Reminders:*

   - Please remember to come only on your scheduled day and time.
   - Please have your student’s first and last name, and student ID#,
   written legibly on paper or a phone to hold up and show through your car
   windshield.

 8/10 - 8/14

Monday

8/10

Tuesday

8/11

Wednesday

8/12

Thursday

 8/13

Friday

 8/14

8:00 - 9:00

9th: A - Can

10th: A - Ches

11th: A - Carl

12th: A -B

9:00 - 10:00

9th: Car - Fon

10th: Chi - Fen

11th: Cart - Ell

12th: C - E

Makeups

10:00 - 11:00

9th: For - Jan

10th: Fer - Ha;

11th: Er - Her

12th: F - Hen

Makeups

11:00 - 12:00

9th: Jen - Mc

10th: He - Lec

11th: Hi - Leo

12th: Her - Ley

Makeups

12:00 - 1:00

9th: Me - Pi

10th: Led - M

11th: Lev - Oki

12th: Lin - New

Makeups

1:00- 2:00

9th: Po - Stein

10th: Na - R

11th: Ono - Sal

12th: Ng - Rui

Makeups

2:00- 3:00

9th: Ster - Z

10th: Sal - Tri

11th: Sam - Vay

12th: Rum - Te

3:00 - 4:00

9th: Overflow

10th: Tro - Z

11th: Vel - Z

12th: Th - Z

*Thank you, *

*Tammy Rose*

_____________________________

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Charlotte Le Liboux, and Chaghig Walker are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS E-tree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom
of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*