[BHS Etree] ADMIN: BHS Safety Committee Meeting, Jan. 28 (Tue)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Jan 24 12:57:12 PST 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Kiernan Rok at
kiernanrok at berkeley.net.

Greetings BHS students and families,

The BHS Safety Committee is recruiting parents, students, teachers and
staff to join the Committee.

JANUARY AGENDA: We will be dedicating some extra time to discussing vaping
and substance use by BHS students and we welcome anyone who is interested
and concerned about this topic to join the meeting. We are considering
forming a substance use sub-committee, if there is enough interest.

The Safety Committee discusses and recommends positions and strategies on
many issues related to school safety, including traffic/pedestrian/bicycle
safety to and from school, reporting and handling crime at school, use of
restorative justice and other programs for at-risk students, bullying, hate
crimes, sexual harassment, environmental hazard reduction on campus, and
disaster preparedness. The Committee is responsible for drafting the
state-required School Safety Plan.

The Safety Committee is a sub-committee of the School Site Council and
usually meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month from 4:30 - 6 PM.

Please join us for our meeting on Tuesday, Jan 28, at 4:30 PM in the D
Building, Conference room B.

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/information/committees/safety-committee/

------------------------------------

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe