[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Message regarding the "Assassin Game"

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Apr 23 16:33:49 PDT 2019

PLEASE do not reply to this email

Dear Parents, particularly parents of Juniors and Seniors,

Below is an email that our Dean of Students sent out today to our junior and senior classes.  Please take a look, and discuss with your student.  Every year, I speak with parents who wonder why we take this game so seriously at BHS, and I hope you will all understand that the disruption level that it causes can seriously undermine our attempts to keep our students in class and learning even as the year begins to wind down.  Thank you very much as we deeply appreciate your support in helping communicate our expectations.

Erin on behalf of the BHS Admin Team

Message to students:

Dear Juniors and Seniors,

Please read this email carefully because your participation in the "assassin" game may result in consequences you can avoid.

Why are we concerned about what many consider to be a harmless game? Because in the past, students playing this game have substantially disrupted the learning process, missed class, destroyed school property, driven unsafely, trespassed on private property, and engaged in other unsafe behaviors.

Because of these serious concerns about safety, property, and disruption to the learning environment, consequences including possible suspension will be issued for students participating in "assassin". This includes behavior that occurs on the way to, during, or going home from school. Participation may include threatening to "hit" others, running away because you are in the game and targeted by an “assassin”, or entering classes looking for targets. In addition to a suspension, you will be required to pay for any damages if your actions cause destruction of property.  All suspensions are included in a student's permanent record and will be reported to colleges of graduating seniors. Please make good decisions and don’t jeopardize your opportunity to participate in the celebrations and activities you've worked so hard to be a part of!

Thank you for working with us to ensure that our final weeks of school are safe and positive.

Sincerely,

The BHS Admin Team

Nicole Chee, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.