[BHS Etree] CLUBS: International Women's Month Events

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Mar 5 13:44:55 PST 2019

PLEASE do not reply to this email; contact bhswomensstudentunion at gmail.com

Hello Berkeley Community!

This is a message from the BHS Womxn's Student Union

It is International Womxn’s Month! Throughout March, we will be collaborating with other womxn’s associations at school to hold events/activities celebrating and supporting the fantastic womxn that make up our BHS community.

Our first big event will be International Womxn's Day which is this Friday, March 8th. Come join us at lunch on the senior steps/courtyard for food, music, and more. If you would be interested in speaking at our open mic please email bhswomensstudentunion at gmail.com and let us know what you are planning to say.

We also ask that everyone WEAR RED on March 8 in order to show support for all the amazing womxn in your lives!
_____________________

Each week of this month we will be focusing on different themes:

Week 1: Introduction to Intersectional Modern Feminism
Week 2: The Working Womxn
Week 3: Sexual Harassment/Assault Awareness and Sexual Health
Week 4: Womxn's Art and Liberation

Keep an eye out for events occurring throughout the month by checking your emails, listening to announcements, and looking at flyers around campus!

We will also be having an art installation of protest posters from the past couple of years. If you or someone you know owns a poster or sign from any march or walk out (ex: Womxn’s March) please email us!

To get involved, come to our meetings in C126 on Thursday! Also email us or follow @bhswsu on Instagram!
______________________

Other goings on:
·  International Women’s Day Speakout
o Friday March 8th 5:00-7:30 PM, Oscar Grant Plaza, Oakland (flyer attached)
·  Go support the art exhibit “Eve: Empowerment vs. Exploitation” featuring art from BHS students!
o March 1-16, Warehouse 416 Art Gallery: 416 26th St, Oakland, CA

Looking forward to seeing you all Friday and for the rest of this month!

Best,
Womxn’s Student Union
(Sophie Dua, Madison Lease, Simone Ewell-Szabo)
Nicole Chee, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.