[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Open House Reminder & Important Information, Feb. 7 (Thu)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Feb 5 17:56:13 PST 2019

PLEASE do not reply to this email; contact Juan Raygoza, juanraygoza at berkeley.net

We would like to remind you to join us for our annual Open House Night on Thursday, February 7th!

All 9th-12th grade families are encouraged to attend!

9th Grade Families: Since this Open House will give you the opportunity to learn about our five Small Learning Communities (SLCs) before your students enter the SLC lottery for 10th grade, we are strongly encouraging you to attend the SLC Assembly, starting promptly at 6:00pm in the Community Theatre. After the assembly, you will have the option to visit your 9th grade teachers and/or go to SLC/Department showcases located around campus for the duration of the evening. You will receive more information about the showcases at the end of the assembly.

10th-12th Grade Families: You will have an opportunity to meet your student’s teachers now that the second semester has started. The majority of teachers will be in larger SLC/Department showcases located around campus for the duration of the evening. Some teachers may remain in their classrooms. Please feel free to contact your student’s teachers to confirm whether they will be in their classrooms or in an SLC/Department showcase location in order to save you time as you walk around campus. Teachers are also letting their students know where they will be during the evening.

SLC/Department Showcase Locations: Please see the attachment to learn more about our SLC/Department showcase locations. You can grab a hard copy of this handout in the Food Court starting at 5:30pm. 9th Grade families will be given this handout as you enter the SLC Assembly.

We are maintaining our traditional bell schedule (please see below). However, all families will have the option to visit their teachers’ classrooms during the designated period and/or strongly encouraged to visit SLC/Department showcases for as long as you wish.

Notes

All Academic Choice (AC) humanities teachers will be doing general information sessions in the Donahue Gym. You are welcome to attend a session during your student’s assigned period for History or English, but please note that the presentations will not address any one class, but rather the AC humanities program as a whole.

The African American Studies Department will be in the College and Career Center (CCC) from 7:00-8:30pm.

The Performing Arts Department showcase will include short performances from each class in the Little Theatre from 7:00-8:30pm. Classes involved are band & orchestra, jazz, modern dance, Afro-Haitian dance, drama, guitar, and chorus.

Here is the schedule for the evening:

5:30pm

Families can drop by the Food Court (D Building - 1st Floor) to pick up copies of students schedules, campus maps, and SLC/Department showcase locations

6:00pm

Universal 9th Grade - Small Learning Communities Assembly in the Community Theatre

6:45pm

Zero Period Begins

7:00pm

1st Period Begins

Here is the bell schedule:

Period

Start

End

0

6:45pm

6:55pm

1

7:00pm

7:10pm

2

7:16pm

7:28pm
Includes evening announcement

3

7:34pm

7:44pm

4

7:50pm

8:00pm

5

8:06pm

8:16pm

6

8:22pm

8:32pm

7

8:38pm

8:48pm

We look forward to seeing you on campus!

Nicole Chee, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.