[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: 50th African American Studies Assemblies Nov. 13-16 (Tues-Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Nov 8 13:11:48 PST 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Alan Miller alanmiller at berkeley.net or Spencer Pritchard spencerpritchard at berkeley.net

Berkeley High School is celebrating its 50th African American Studies Anniversary with student assemblies on November 13,14,15 & 16.

Volunteers are needed November 13-16 at the various assemblies. Please come out to support our students, and to enjoy the celebration of African American Studies at Berkeley High School and in BUSD.

We are inviting all parents and caregivers to support these assemblies by volunteering a couple of hours. Duties include: ushering students to their seats, cleaning up lost materials and trash after performances (pretty rare), and modeling good student behavior.

We need 10 volunteers for each period listed below on the following days:
November 13, African American Studies at BHS and Beyond
November 14, African American Musical Traditions
November 15, Film Screening and Commentary:"Welcome to the Neighborhood."
November 16, Roundtable - Plan of Action - Facilitated panel discussions

These assemblies will take place at the Berkeley High School Little Theatre.
If you are interested in helping out please fill out the Google form below.

FILL OUT FORM

Nicole Chee, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.