[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Principal and PTSA Welcome Back Event, Sep. 13 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Sep 6 19:44:36 PDT 2017

Dear BHS Parents and Guardians,

We are writing to invite you to a special Principal and Parent Teacher and Student Association (PTSA) Welcome Back event for parents and guardians on Wednesday, September 13 at Berkeley High School Library.

Starting at 6:00 pm, there will be chicken, salads, veggies, and bread from Poulet, which the PTSA is providing so that you can have a chance to meet and talk with other parents/guardians before the meeting starts at 6:30. Here's what we'd like to share with you:

·  Welcome and Overview of the year from Principal Erin Schweng

·  Introduce new members of the BHS Administrative Team

·  Committee Introductions

·  PTSA Welcome and Vision for the Year

Part of building a strong community includes the participation of students, parents and guardians on school committees. There are three committees that require us to hold elections in the fall:

·  BHS School Site Council (SSC)

·  BHS BSEP Site Funds Committee

·  District BSEP Planning and Oversight (P&O) Committee

We hope you may be interested in nominating yourself or another guardian or parent for a spot on one of these committees (see full descriptions below). We need representation from all of our learning communities and a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds. If you're interested in serving on a committee you can briefly introduce yourself, but it doesn't matter if you've never served on a committee before. Please fill out the nomination form before September 22 at https://goo.gl/1yNgsd  <https://goo.gl/1yNgsd>

Berkeley High is a big school, and creating purposeful community together is one way to make it feel and function as a smaller place. We have a remarkable community, and we are grateful for the strength we have when we stand together. We look forward to meeting you in the Library on the 13th (and also to helping you get to all your student's classes at Back to School Night on the 28th!)

Erin Schweng, Principal

Maria Rohlsson and Mimi Pulich, PTSA

BHS Committees

School Site Council (SSC)

This elected committee reviews Berkeley High's educational programs and student achievement data, and supports the development and updating of the school-wide Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), which is part of the accreditation process at the high school. In addition to monitoring the Plan, the SSC approves the School Safety and the BSEP Site Plans. Meets once (sometimes twice) a month on a Tuesday from 4:00 to 6:00 pm.

Contact: Jana Jandra janajandra at berkeley.net<mailto:janajandra at berkeley.net>

BHS BSEP Site Committee

Representatives elected to this committee have a role in allocating site funds that come from the local Berkeley Schools Excellence Program (BSEP) Measure E1. The committee reviews the programs that currently receive funding and considers proposals for funding new programs that support student achievement and school goals. Meets once (sometimes twice) a month on a Monday, 4:30-6:30 pm.

Contact: Jana Jandra janajandra at berkeley.net<mailto:janajandra at berkeley.net>

BSEP P&O (Planning & Oversight) Committee

If you are interested in how BSEP dollars are spent district-wide, become one of Berkeley High School's BSEP Planning & Oversight (P&O) Committee members. Learn how BSEP keeps class sizes smaller, supports our teachers and, through this Measure, provides for school libraries, student supports, music and visual arts programs, technology and a site-determined wish list.

Contact: Valerie Tay valerietay at berkeley.net<mailto:valerietay at berkeley.net>

Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2017-2017 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/