[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Freshman Friday & Hot Weather

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Aug 31 19:51:24 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email.

Hello Families!

We have had a very smooth start to the 2017-18 school year.  I am thankful
to everyone who has been a part of making that happen.  I wanted to take a
moment tonight to write you with a few notes about tomorrow.

In the past, older students have used the Fridays in September to haze,
bully, and intimidate 9th grade students. It is a tradition that is
thankfully nearing extinction, but I want to make it clear that we do not
tolerate bullying, hazing, or harassment of our students.  We will issue
consequences for anyone who chooses to take part in this kind of behavior,
and if your student experiences any sort of negative hazing tomorrow we
encourage them to report it immediately to any staff member, or visit our
On Campus Intervention room in H104 to file an incident report. Parents of
older students, please do speak with them about taking this opportunity to
welcome our new 9th graders to campus rather than intimidate them.

Secondly, we are also following weather forecasts that predict temperatures
at or near 100° tomorrow afternoon.  We will be monitoring temperatures in
classrooms, and moving classes as necessary.  Please encourage your
students to stay hydrated throughout the day by bringing a water bottle and
using our water bottle filling stations throughout campus.  A huge thank
you to the Ecology Center for donating water bottles to all of our 9th
graders this year - please use them!

Thank you for your attention to this message and have a wonderful three-day
weekend.

Erin Schweng

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators
of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at
bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*. The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*