[BHS Etree] BHSDG: Challenge Grant, $15,050 Down $4,950 to Go

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed May 17 21:29:55 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact info at bhsdg.org

Many thanks to those of you who responded to our call to give to the
Berkeley High School Development Group. After you heard that several
generous families and business partners were issuing a challenge grant of
$20,000, you stepped up and gave a combined total of* $15,050!*

Unfortunately, this means we did not meet our challenge.  The good news? -
the match donors are willing to extend the deadline to *May 19th, *please
help us get to $20,000.  The new deadline will ensure our school community
does not miss out on any of those generous gifts.

IF YOU DONATE ANY AMOUNT BY *FRIDAY, MAY 19TH*, *YOUR DONATION WILL BE
MATCHED 100%*, *UP TO $20,000!  *

What does BHSDG do with your money?  Scores of important items benefitting
* ALL* of our students and school community, including:

·       Free after-school tutoring in dozens of subjects, for all students,
school year-round

·       Free BHS daily planners for *every* student to help them master
time management

·       College/Career Center support, including the annual College Fair

·       Student Initiated Grants such as Robotics and Vagina Monologues

·       Classroom mini-grants for all teachers and key staff

·       College application fees and scholarships for students in need

·       Field trips

·       Science, technology, and arts supplies and equipment

·       Professional Development, and much, much more!

To all of you who have donated so generously already to this campaign and
this year, thank you, thank you! For those of you who thought the
opportunity was over, now is the perfect time. No donation is too large or
too small; our goal is 100% participation, because the more we give back to
our school community, the better it is for *all* of our students.

Please make your donation TODAY at *www.bhsdg.org <http://www.bhsdg.org/>*,
or mail to:

    BHS Development Group

    P.O. Box 519

    Berkeley, CA  94701-0519

*THANK YOU!!*

Jennifer Viilleneuve and Christine Staples

Co-Presidents

(Yes, you can make a targeted gift to a program or small school, and your
gift will be matched. However, the *match* will be to our general,
unrestricted fund, so that we can maximize providing funding for programs
throughout the entire school.)

[image: https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*