[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Do You Want to START or RENEW a STUDENT CLUB @ BHS?

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu May 4 09:52:31 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

HELLO BHS COMMUNITY!!!

We are coming to the end of another school year and student clubs should be planning their transition of power to the next set of leaders.

We are asking any new or returning clubs to attend the club workshop on May 23.

New / Returning Student Club Workshop - Tuesday, May 23 @ Lunch - Please RSVP with Mr. V

Importantly, we will address many of the financial issues that have arisen with regards to allowable expenses, online crowdfunding, and the process for submitting fund requests among more straightforward topics such as the constitution and registration forms. Our goal is to be as clear as possible with the legal guidelines so that you can run your club as smoothly as possible. Please RSVP with Mr. V!

For 2017-18, clubs will need to create or update a CLUB CONSTITUTION and submit a REGISTRATION FORM. If the club plans to spend or receive money, the club must complete a CLUB BUDGET.
Submit these documents to the Director of Student Activities by the end of the school year.

Create/Renew a Student Club
If you would like to start a new club, please click the following link and submit your registration online. Please submit your forms before school ends in June. It will take 1-2 weeks to process the club registration.
Form – club registration 17-18 (Basic Club Information) – Completed Annually <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5YvSg5voDijY1FMQVg1ZEpFTzQ/view?usp=sharing> * Faculty Sponsors must be certificated staff members according to FCMAT guidelines.<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5YvSg5voDijY1FMQVg1ZEpFTzQ/view?usp=sharing>

Sample Club Constitution 17-18 (Guidelines for membership and structure of club) – Completed Once and Updated annually<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/document/d/1zlIBfJVmrNLlCxRba1PtEY_JwLVgs6YfmkCTl7JZKbA/edit?usp=sharing>

Budget Worksheet with example – Completed Annually<http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Budget-Worksheet-with-sample.pdf>

BHS Student Club Handbook
Please click here to access the 2016-17 BHS Club Handbook.<http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=742>

Upcoming Club Events

  *   New / Returning Student Club Workshop - Tuesday, May 23 @ Lunch - Please RSVP with Mr. V

  *   Freshman Orientation Club Fair - Thurs Aug. 24 and/or Fri Aug 25 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
  *   Quarter 1 Club Leader​ Meeting - tentatively Sept 12 lunch/after school
  *   Fall Club Fair - tentatively Sept 14 or 15 during the school day
  *   Back to School Night club fair - Sept 28 6 pm

All of this information can also be found on the Leadership Student Club page<http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=25>.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy