[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Assassin Game

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed May 3 11:44:11 PDT 2017

Dear Students and Families,

Please read this email carefully because your participation in the "assassin" game may result in consequences you can avoid.

Why are we concerned about what many consider to be a harmless game  Because in the past, students playing this game have substantially disrupted the learning process, missed class, destroyed school property, driven unsafely, trespassed on private property, and engaged in other unsafe behaviors. Families, we would like you to speak to your students and strongly discourage them from participating in this game.

Because of our concern about safety and property, we will be issuing one-day suspensions to those who participate in assassin on their way to, during, or going home from school. This includes threatening to "hit" others, running away because you are in the game and targeted by an "assassin", or entering classes looking for targets. You may be issued a five-day suspension and be required to pay damages if your actions cause destruction of property or you throw things at another person. All suspensions are included in a student's record and are reported to colleges of graduating seniors. Please make good decisions and don't jeopardize your opportunity to participate in the celebrations and activities you've worked so hard to be a part of!

Thank you for working with us to ensure that our final weeks of school are safe and positive.

Sincerely,
Erin Schweng and the BHS Admin Team

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-leave at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-leave at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, you can use the following URL, either included at the very bottom of each individual message, or by typing it in the address bar yourself: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here