[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Passion & Pride for BHS? Join BHS Leadership!
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jan 30 10:18:34 PST 2017
PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” President Barack Obama
Students from all learning communities and backgrounds are encouraged to become part of next year's 2017-18 *ASB Leadership team by running for an elected position or applying to be a part of the leadership team. In the coming year, leadership students will have input into the next direction of BHS school culture as we seek to unify the school as one big, red and gold family. Leadership has hosted service events such as the Holiday Meal, facilitated leadership workshops, organized large assemblies, and participated in student demonstrations among other actions. We are looking for experienced leaders or fresh faces, all of whom want to give back to their school community, are kind, and motivated to work within a team environment.
*ASB = Associated Student Body
Teachers & Parents, please recommend student names to Mr. V or consider directly handing them an application.
Please click here visit our Applications page of the BHS Leadership website for applications and more info.<http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=73>
Elected Position apps are due February 16. Appointed Position apps are due April 24. Link Crew apps are due May 1.
A few ways to get involved in leadership at BHS:
* Run for an ASB elected position such ASB President, School Board Rep. These students have defined roles and specific responsibilities.
* Apply to join a Class team or Executive Team. These students work in committees or smaller groups for their grade, but may have specific events to facilitate.
* Apply to Join Link Crew. These are current 10/11th graders who wish to work directly with the incoming 9th grade class at orientation and throughout the year.
* Start / join a student club. New club registration forms for 2017-18 will be available in May. Visit the Leadership website for more info.
* Join a SLC Leadership team. Ask your SLC Lead Teacher for more info.
* Also consider joining the City of Berkeley Youth Commission. More info available on the City of Berkeley website.
A few more details:
* ASB Leadership meets on Monday mornings from 8:30-9:30 am or 9:00-9:30 am. This is very important that students do not have a schedule conflict. Consider joining Link Crew if you cannot attend any Monday morning meetings.
* Leadership students earn elective credit by attending meetings, completing assignments, and their participation in leadership.
* Applications are also available in the leadership office in the cafeteria.
* Don't Forget about the Winter Wonderland Dance this Friday, Feb 3 from 7-10 pm. Tickets available in the leadership office.
* And don't forget about the Talent Show Auditions. Sign up on the window outside of the leadership office in the cafeteria.
Have a great day!
U-N-I-T-Y, WE FLY HIGHER AS A TEAM!!!
Director of Student Activities
(510) 644 - 8990<tel:%28510%29%20644-8990>
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net<mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS