[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Dec. 2, 2016

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Dec 2 13:36:41 PST 2016

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Felicia
Phillips feliciaphillips at berkeley.net
<mailto:feliciaphillips at berkeley.net>. For those of you who do not hear
the announcements where you are during second period, or if you would
like to read them each day, you can find them in
the Daily Bulletin section of Powerschool.

*Berkeley High School Bulletin for Friday, December 2, 2016*

Good Morning Berkeley High School,

This is Mr. Pasarow with your daily announcements and positive shout
outs, which we haven’t done for several weeks. I want to open today’s
shout outs by appreciating one of our classes of our 9th graders. It’s
so hard being the youngest and starting something new, so Class of 2020,
this round of shout outs is dedicated to you all. As well, the following
shout outs are from the freshman class:

The first shout out comes from Gigi and is for Amani. “Thank you Amani
for being my best bud - you always help me with my science.”

This next shout out comes from fifth period and is for Ms. Anderson,
“Thanks for keeping up with us even when we are so annoying. Thanks for
making every class fun!!!”

>From Natasha to Asia is this affirmation, “Thanks for being a hilarious
and amazing friend.

The final shout out comes from Student Activities Director Mr. V, “Major
props to everyone who gave a gift of life and to the Red Cross Club for
bringing in 42 units of blood at the latest Drive. Each unit saves up to
3 lives. The club members provide a warm and safe atmosphere for donors
to feel comfortable during the donation process. Thank you Red Cross Club!”

Next week, please look forward to hearing shout outs from our 10th
graders - and now for the daily announcements.

________________________________

*Morning Sports Report*
Yesterday was a great day for Jacket sports teams, with nearly every
team winning against their opponents. Congratulations to: the girls
varsity basketball team for their win over Las Lomas; the girls freshman
soccer team for their win over San Ramon Valley; and the girls varsity
soccer team for their victory over Samueli Academy. The girls JV soccer
team tied Rosary Academy.
________________________________
*Baseball Information Meeting*
There will be an informational meeting for all interested athletes for
the upcoming baseball season today, Friday, Dec.2 at 3:45 in the M gym.
Meet the new coach and learn about off-season conditioning program.
*________________________________
Reminder from the BHS Safety Team*
This is a reminder to ALL students: You must clear the campus promptly
at 3:45 pm if you are not in a 7th period class, an after school program
or a sport. Students who do not clear campus may receive a phone call
home and additional consequences. Thank you, students, for your cooperation.
________________________________
*BHS Drama Presents "A Raisin in the Sun"*
The BHS Drama department presents its fall production, "A Raisin in the
Sun", Wednesday, December 7, through Saturday, December 10, in the
Little Theatre. This acclaimed play, written by Lorraine Hansberry,
takes places in 1950s Chicago, where a substantial insurance payment
could mean either financial salvation or personal ruin for a struggling
family. Join us next week!
________________________________
*Holiday Meal Toiletries, Toys & Blanket Drive*
The annual Toiletry, toy and blanket drive will take place December 9.
With the winter season on its way we want to help the homeless community
stay warm. We plan to give donations to students in transitional housing
here at Berkeley High and give the remainders out during the Holiday
Meal. We will have bins for donations placed throughout Berkeley High
including near the Leadership Office and in the C-Gallery. We are asking
people to donate new or gently used blankets and new toiletries.
________________________________
*Senior Portrait Dates*
Seniors: If you haven't taken your senior portrait for the yearbook,
here's your final opportunity! You can now sign up for appointments on
December 5th, 7th, 8th and 12th. Visit the Senior Information page on
the BHS website or abcschoolportraits.com
<http://abcschoolportraits.com> for more details.

___________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.)
To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*