[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Thank You for a Smooth Start to the School Year

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Oct 5 12:29:34 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lisa Sibony,
lisasibony at berkeley.net

Dear Berkeley High Community,

August and September were AMAZING months for volunteers -- at least 175
members of our community contributed hundreds of hours to help launch the
2016-17 school year.

As of today we have 1463 boys and 1569 girls enrolled at Berkeley High for
a total of 3032. Registering this many students, distributing textbooks,
handing out schedules, photo ID cards, organizers and collecting forms is a
massive job. It could not have been completed without the volunteers
helping with registration week, delivering schedule changes the first week
of school, assisting the Attendance Office with the annual census and
collecting student surveys at the end of the month. In addition, we have 52
volunteers who come in to help at the front desk every week! None of this
would be possible without our Etree moderators -- Marguerite, Catherine and
Dylan, who volunteer behind the scenes, 7 days a week, to get information
to you in a timely and thoughtful manner.

I would like to thank all of the volunteers who took time out of their day
to help over the last 5 weeks. Many of you covered more than one shift. It
was truly gratifying to see how many people showed up to help. Not only
parents, but grandparents, younger siblings, alumni and current students
volunteered their time to make sure the process was orderly and efficient.
I have tried to include the names of everyone who helped, please forgive me
if I missed you, and do let me know.

*Registration: *

Adam Whyte, Ananda Richmond, Anesha Williams, Anna Goldstein, Anne
Steckler, Arriana Brand, Ashley Kirkman, Becky Price, Bob Frassetto,
Caroline Bettendorf, Carolyn West, Christine Staples,Cindy Leung, Connie
Harvey, Cristin Costello, Cynthia Madix, Dana Welsh, Deb Goldberg, Debra
Valov, Denise Gaal, Desmid Lyon, Diana Yovino-Young, Diane O’Keefe, Ed
Valenzuela, Edna Roque, Elizabeth Tolero, Erica Blue, Erica Kloehn, Eva
Herzer, Fanny Labadie, Felicia Cole, Gina O’Leary, Goopy Rossi, Hagit
Cohen, Hal Reynolds, Helise Cohn, Hilary Goldman, Holly Gold, Holly
Scheider, Jean Fichtenkort, Jean Lusson, Jen Villeneuve, Jenn Rader,
Jennifer Knight, Jenny Yu, Joan Kiang, Jodi Levin, Johanna Eigen, Julie
Weitz, Justine Paniagua, Karen Chapman, Karen Kiyo, Kathleen Morris, Katie
Kenny, Kim Kapoor, Kimberly Guerrero, Kimberly Leon Guerrero, Kristi
Holmes, Laura Morland, Laura White, Laurel Coates, Lauren Swiger, Laurie
Lenrow, Linda Kilby, Lisa Titus, Lisa Vega, Lori Zarate, Margaret Norman,
Marissa Smith, Matt Harray, Michael Evans, Michael Lewis, Milena Escobar,
Miriam Moussaioff, Molly Dinneen, Monica Pelucchi, Naomi Torres, Odisa
Walker, Pacifica, Paradise Hightower-Roberts, Patricia Rodriguez, Patty
Casetta, Penny Werner, Riti Dhesi, Robin Claire, Robin Packel, Ronnie
Cohen, Rosa Luevano, Ryan Chinn, Sanjani Varkey, Shameim Lowther, Shana
Rocklin, Sharon Friedman, Shauna Price, Shoshana Gizzi Panicali, Stephanie
McKown, Sunny Givens, Tabitha Soren, Terry Betts, Theo Polk, Victoria
Eisen, Victoria Mancuso, Whitney Morris, and Wiz Wells

*First Week of School and Attendance Runners:*

Deb Lewis, Deirdre Murphy, Hayley Sloan, Jean Lusson, Johanna Eigan, Kaye
Anderson, Kim Kapoor, Molly Dinneen

*Survey Collecting: *

Anesha Williams (plus all-morning assistance with make-up photos), Courtney
Walch, Karen Chapman

Again a sincere THANK YOU on behalf of the entire Admin team -- for being
enthusiastic and ready to help where ever needed. What an amazing community
we have at Berkeley High. Thanks to all of you we have had a very smooth
start to the school year.

Lisa

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*