[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Volunteer Coordinator Needed for BHS/BTA Community Building Breakfast, Oct. 10 (Mon.)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Oct 2 14:20:10 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this message, contact Monique de Brito,
moniquedebrito at berkeley.net

Dear Berkeley Community,

On *Monday October 10th *the entire Berkeley High School (BHS) and
Berkeley Technology Academy (BTA) staff will be gathering together for
our first annual */All Staff Community Building Breakfast/*/./ Both BHS
and BTA have endured a really difficult summer with the tragic death of
our students and have also been confronted by several overtly racist
events on campus these last few years. In the spirit of building
community and being proactive in our efforts, we understand that to *be
better for our students* we need to know one another first.  Berkeley
High can be a very isolating place and this is an important step in
breaking down the isolation, and coming together with BTA while we do
it. Creating a *BHS/BTA Family* is the aim.

We need a small group of inspired and motivated Berkeley community
members to help coordinate this "breakfast of champions" in two ways:

1) *One or two volunteers *to /organize/coordinate volunteers to help
with tables, chairs, food set up, and cleanup. /Note: Rooms are already
reserved and the tables and chairs should be in the room already. It is
more directing the volunteers to setup and put back.

2) *One or two volunteers* to /organize/coordinate food donations. /

*Note:*I will be the volunteer coordinator staff contact person to guide
_both efforts_ through this special morning session!  I am happy to help
each coordinator set up a SignUpGenius account to solicit volunteers.

Please contact me back at moniquedebrito at berkeley.net
<mailto:moniquedebrito at berkeley.net> if you and/or someone you know
would be willing to help us out. Time is of the essence!

Thank you in advance for your generosity towards public school educators!

___________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.)
To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*