[BHS Etree] BUSD: BHS MCI Drill with BFD, Jun 1 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jun 2 14:48:56 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan,
markcoplan at berkeley.net

Principal Pasarow sent out a notice to families about the Berkeley Fire
Department’s MCI drill a Berkeley High today, and I'm happy to report that
it was a great success for all of the participants.

After the exercise, we received this message from the Berkeley Fire
Department's Emergency Services:

"The support from your staff and the allocation of time and resources from
the high school made it possible for BFD to meet its training objectives in
an impactful way.  In many respects we could not have achieved the same
level of training without this opportunity and it strengthens the readiness
of responders in our community.

It also was a great opportunity for BFD to continue to strengthen the
relationship with the Berkeley High Fire Science program and the Emergency
Response Teens club on campus and those students in these programs, who all
participated.  This continues to be a program with multi-faceted benefits
for everyone involved.  The participation from the drama students as
victims was also a great addition to the exercise."

It was great to witness how everyone will work together to keep our
students and staff safe in the event of a disaster or other emergency
situation.

You can check out the exercise yourself through these photos.

Berkeley High School MCI Drill June 1 2016 Photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/albums/72157669121308656

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at *bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net>*.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To *subscribe *to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*