[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: BHS is jumping! Elections, Club Fair, State Title Game, Prom & Talent Show
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Mar 20 13:24:39 PDT 2016
PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>
Hello Berkeley High!
This week is going to be a busy one as the third quarter comes to a close on Friday. There is a lot to celebrate as well. Take a look at the following events and activities for this week.
1. 2016-17 Student Leadership Elections - Voting for Associated Student Body (ASB) elected positions will take place on Tue or Wed in your second period class. Take a few minutes to review the attached candidate booklet to make an informed voting decision on your ballot.
[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/y-eEJVZO0ZxtirXuMmRjVZzxAGAwJupv74ajiF4CXmb6sur6K2QwkLXr7GMupOJtKP91SqftvjLoCJwE2ulPcY6K1RZBhXx1bEGr9pISY6roJZcq139mt0P8=s0-d-e1-ft#https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_10_generic_list.png] Candidate Info booklet 2016.pdf<https://drive.google.com/a/berkeley.net/file/d/0B5YvSg5voDijSmNPT0UzbnJjdVk/view?usp=drive_web>
2. The Varsity Boy's Basketball team won the Division I Northern California CIF championships for CIF. Your Jackets will take on Crespi HS on Thursday night at 8 pm at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento for the state title. Read the story<http://www.mercurynews.com/high-school-sports/ci_29661332/norcal-basketball-menlo-atherton-loses-berkeley-division-i>. Go Jackets!
3. Check out the Athletics calendar for other exciting BHS games this week.<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/athletics/athletics-calendar/>
4. The 2016 Talent Show will take place on Friday night at 7 pm in the Little Theater. Tickets will be $5 students / $7-10 adults. There are over 20 amazing acts! Support your friends and be dazzled!
5. Jazz Previews on Friday in the Little Theater. Check with your teacher to see if your class is attending.
6. The spring Club Fair will take place on Wednesday, March 23 on the campus green from 9 am - noon. There will be over 30 student clubs and community organizations, as well as prom vendors and 106 KMEL at lunch. See you there!
7. Prom tickets are on sale this week for $75 at lunch/afterschool in the leadership office (in the cafeteria). Cash or check (payable to BHS ASB) is accepted. For credit card purchases, please visit bhsprom2016.brownpapertickets.com<http://bhsprom2016.brownpapertickets.com>. Juniors and Seniors are welcome. Remember you must have less than 30 or less unverified period absences. Guest passes for non-BHS students are available at the leadership office or by emailing Mr. V.
Prom 2016 takes place at the Scottish Rites Center on Saturday, April 16 from 8 pm - 12 am. For more info on performer, activities, etc., please visit bhsprom2016.brownpapertickets.com<http://bhsprom2016.brownpapertickets.com/>
8. And most importantly, the 3rd quarter ends on March 25. Remember to turn in all assignments and to check in with your teachers by Friday.
Have a great week Berkeley High!
Director of Student Activities
Berkeley High School
(510) 644 - 8990<tel:%28510%29%20644%20-%208990>
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net<mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 157 bytes
More information about the BHS