[BHS Etree] JAZZ: Fifth Annual JazzGirls Day, Mar. 5 (Sat)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Feb 25 09:22:55 PST 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Berkeley High Jazz, berkeleyhighjazz at gmail.com<mailto:berkeleyhighjazz at gmail.com>

Website: http://www.bhsjazz.org/jazzgirls-day-2/

High school families: Please invite your middle school girls to attend and spread the word!

Berkeley High Jazz is holding its Fifth Annual JazzGirls Day on Saturday, March 5 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. at Berkeley High School's Little Theatre.

The event is FREE for all Bay Area girls ages 10 to 14 interested in playing jazz. It's easy to attend -- girls should just show up with their instrument (or voice) -- no pre-registration required. High school girls and parents are invited to volunteer as mentors and event helpers.

This year's event will bring together professional women jazz musicians as clinicians, Berkeley High JazzGirls as mentors, and aspiring younger musicians as students. We will have games, clinics, and we are proud to present Pamela Rose's "Wild Women of Song," a one-hour live show about women in jazz featuring many of our clinicians. NOTE: The show is open to the public for FREE, starts at 1:20 p.m. in the Florence Schwimley Little Theatre.

The clinics are for girls and women only, but the show at 1:20 is open to everyone.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/