[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Thank You and Request for MORE Food Sign-ups - 2015 BHS Holiday Meal

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Dec 10 10:31:36 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

We have now entered the final countdown…
THREE days until our the 2015 BHS Holiday Meal

This Saturday, Dec. 12th, hundreds of Berkeley High students will host and serve a warm meal and entertain 300 - 400 homeless or low-income people/families in our Berkeley community. A Heartfelt Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the meal thus far. Our volunteer spots are completely full and we have greatly surpassed our funds goal of $4,000.

Any leftover food is given to the Alameda County Food Bank, local shelters, while any remaining funds will be used to host a spring service event.

We are off to a great start. However, we still have a need for pre-cooked turkeys (need ​4 more), hams (2 more) and prepared dishes (20 more). Due to limited refrigerator space, we would ask for the larger items to be delivered on Saturday before 12:30 pm.

Please sign-up using the following sign-up genius link:
www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E094EA4AB29A2F85-signup<http://www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E094EA4AB29A2F85-signup>

Fresh food donations can be dropped off at Berkeley High School at the following dates/times (runners will be at the front door so you don't even need to get out of your car!):

1) Friday, Dec. 11th, 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm, Main entrance (Milvia and Allston)

2) Saturday, Dec. 12th, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, Main entrance (Milvia and Allston)

Thanks very much for your generosity!

-Mayumi Rubin-Saika (Chief of Service) and John Villavicencio (Director of Student Activities)

Questions? Contact John Villavicencio (johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>) or Mayumi Rubin-Saika (mayumirubinsaika at students.berkeley.net<mailto:mayumirubinsaika at students.berkeley.net>).

John Villavicencio
Director of Student Activities
(510) 644 - 8990<tel:%28510%29%20644%20-%208990>
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/